Sourlands Mountain Preserve Conditions

About as good as it gets boys and girls. 3.95, I deducted 0.05 for one little mud spot on the lower trail. No frost heave, hikers have trampled down the leaves, dry as a bone. Get it while it lasts.

Last edited:
rock solid with the only icy spots being the footprints.
didn't try chunky in these conditions, but def could have.
Views are fantastic when the leaves are down. Go get your sourland on.

It was frozen this morning but there is a ton of runoff right now, so the Maple Flats area has some stream effect

Wow last post was 3 months ago. Anyone been here recently? Guess I'll have to do a recon mission this weekend

please do - i figure the trees down at the sourlands will dwarf anything that's down at six mile (size wise), and i have run out of fingers and toes to count how many trees i have cut out at 6MR.

please do - i figure the trees down at the sourlands will dwarf anything that's down at six mile (size wise), and i have run out of fingers and toes to count how many trees i have cut out at 6MR.

That's what I'm afraid of, and 2017 it took them forever to clear out last winter's downed trees

Wow last post was 3 months ago. Anyone been here recently? Guess I'll have to do a recon mission this weekend

Sunday? (#wingman is busy Saturday) U missed us chance, @rick81721 I got a better offer to ride dry. Carry on being the "most negative poster on this board" while I keep fighting the law.

#wingman

Last edited:
I was there on Sunday to check it out. trees down everywhere. all the low areas were swamps and the creek the runs down the mountain was more of a river hahahah. We would need a few guys and a saw to clear all the downed trees.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions