Sourlands Mountain Preserve Conditions

https://www.strava.com/activities/205684752

this ride comes with a couple of "sections" - somewhere around the 2.2 mile mark you'll go hiking for a bit - once up the hill, there is some tech.
challenging step up from CR.

Watch the boardwalks if it is wet - they are treacherous.

conditions won't be good today - but i'd be willing to take you for a loop.

Don't forget round valley - lots of climbing, but less tech.

Thanks, I will try next time I go out without my son... I'm tempted to go today but I assume conditions will be better tomorrow with the rain last night

Thanks, I will try next time I go out without my son... I'm tempted to go today but I assume conditions will be better tomorrow with the rain last night

Ok just did it, clockwise... was that right... too many on the pipeline to bomb it downhill... conditions are perfect... hardly any mud

Ok just did it, clockwise... was that right... too many on the pipeline to bomb it downhill... conditions are perfect... hardly any mud

i usually don't bomb the pipeline until the winter - all the weeds die down, and there is a clear view.

use the trail conditions link at the top of the page!!!

hope you liked it!

I was bouldering over by Devil's Half Acre today. Trails are 50/50. Muddy spots and some soft trail over there. Solid on top.

This was a bummer - found this in the middle of the first rock garden on white:

21878877_134245383864566_2427944484147822592_n.jpg

Apparently part of a Yamaha 700 dirt bike.

i usually don't bomb the pipeline until the winter - all the weeds die down, and there is a clear view.

use the trail conditions link at the top of the page!!!

hope you liked it!

I may do the full outside loop this weekend... is it rideable down the right side... I'd rather tech ride down then bomb the pipeline

I may do the full outside loop this weekend... is it rideable down the right side... I'd rather tech ride down then bomb the pipeline

Totally rideable on the singletrack. Bombing down the pipeline is a complete waste of gravity IMHO.

Totally rideable on the singletrack. Bombing down the pipeline is a complete waste of gravity IMHO.

I think that was a waste of gravity... I'd say half of that was rideable at best... I'll be experimenting with loops on the left side and maybe bottom right.

I have never ridden sourkands, how does it compare to other parks, like ringwood. Is it the most technical park?

I have never ridden sourkands, how does it compare to other parks, like ringwood. Is it the most technical park?
Sourlands got voted into top 10 of most technical trails in the US (in Dirt Rag, I think). Deceptively, most everything is rideable but it takes quite a few trips to the park to figure it out. Some sections/ features I can't ride, or choose not to even attempt. Newest trail - Chunky Monkey - is insane! and will take a looooot of rides to figure that thing out (thanks J-Dro....)lol. To compare Sourlands to Ringwood is hard, because Ringwood has some really gnarly trails, just like Waway, High Mt, Jungle, etc., but overall I think Sourlands is the most technical park in NJ.

Sourlands got voted into top 10 of most technical trails in the US (in Dirt Rag, I think). Deceptively, most everything is rideable but it takes quite a few trips to the park to figure it out. Some sections/ features I can't ride, or choose not to even attempt. Newest trail - Chunky Monkey - is insane! and will take a looooot of rides to figure that thing out (thanks J-Dro....)lol. To compare Sourlands to Ringwood is hard, because Ringwood has some really gnarly trails, just like Waway, High Mt, Jungle, etc., but overall I think Sourlands is the most technical park in NJ.
Where is chunky monkey?

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions