sourlands in great shape - jan 27

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
the sourlands are in great shape (i'm not tho - i was SUCKING today). go early, while its frozen. looks like its nice and dry - was actually kicking up dust on the way down to the parking lot.
:getsome:

NJ Jess

yup

After a meeting, a few of us went over to Sourlands. I haven't been there in, 5 years. Boy has it changed,...or maybe it's me. I could finally climb those hills with all those rocks! The DH were grand! I hope to go back with my BigBike and play on those BigRocks! It's like a natural skills park. The Sourlands/Chimney Rock JORBA crew have really improved this place. Although, I still got a flat there. If you go,...bring tubes

clarkenstein

JORBA.ORG
After a meeting, a few of us went over to Sourlands. I haven't been there in, 5 years. Boy has it changed,...or maybe it's me. I could finally climb those hills with all those rocks! The DH were grand! I hope to go back with my BigBike and play on those BigRocks! It's like a natural skills park.

its one of my favorites to hit for a local ride. i was having a real bad day today (just couldn't muster any steam at all). awesome that you had a good time.

The Sourlands/Chimney Rock JORBA crew have really improved this place.

Amen to that! the trails are really solid. i hope i can find some time this year to help out (i have a new addition to the family coming along in april, so it might be a little tough...)

J-Dro

After a meeting, a few of us went over to Sourlands. I haven't been there in, 5 years. Boy has it changed,...or maybe it's me. I could finally climb those hills with all those rocks! The DH were grand! I hope to go back with my BigBike and play on those BigRocks! It's like a natural skills park. The Sourlands/Chimney Rock JORBA crew have really improved this place. Although, I still got a flat there. If you go,...bring tubes

Glad you enjoyed the tour. Come back anytime you feel like playing amongst the boulders. We skipped a bunch of trails since daylight was fading but you got a good taste of the place.

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
after i im done moving out...i am def gonna get there on saturday...i dont know what time but in the AM prob like 10-11ish

clarkenstein

JORBA.ORG
watch the weather - the place is sensitive to moisture, and can get torn up - easily. so if it rains, don't go.

here's some photos (i hope they load)

sourlands2.jpg

sourlands1.jpg

Last edited:

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions