Sourland Pics

B

bikerag

I stumbled on this place after riding Salisbury in bethlehem area. Saw a post on bikevmb about it.. Sounded like destiny, man did I like this place, had a blast. Ran into a guy scouting some possible new trails too, nothing concrete but if he gets the go ahead, couple more miles of heaven!! Something about the town buying of leasing some of the 3m property comes to mind..

Anyway, on to the pics

Getting interesting
P1040137.JPG

Bring some skillz for this place
P1040132.JPG

Audience
P1040139.JPG

Smoothie lines everywhere
P1010600.JPG

P1010602.JPG

Super cool stunt - looks like something we would build for sure
P1040142.JPG

Cuple log rides!
P1040153.JPG

P1010612.JPG

Full size pics here http://pics.bikerag.com/showgallery.php?cat=1227

Map & review here http://www.bikerag.com/images/MAPS/nj_sourland_review.htm

J-Dro

I stumbled on this place after riding Salisbury in bethlehem area. Saw a post on bikevmb about it.. Sounded like destiny, man did I like this place, had a blast. Ran into a guy scouting some possible new trails too, nothing concrete but if he gets the go ahead, couple more miles of heaven!! Something about the town buying of leasing some of the 3m property comes to mind..

That was me that you ran into that day. Cool pics! I wish I had more time to show you guys around. I'm meeting with the Land manager at the Sourlands this week to talk about the proposed trail expansion, but I'm not getting my hopes up too high. The county has been very cautious about this topic in the past. Suffice to say that the undeveloped territory has some pretty awesome potential.

warcricket

Like a Jerk
That was me that you ran into that day. Cool pics! I wish I had more time to show you guys around. I'm meeting with the Land manager at the Sourlands this week to talk about the proposed trail expansion, but I'm not getting my hopes up too high. The county has been very cautious about this topic in the past. Suffice to say that the undeveloped territory has some pretty awesome potential.

sounds sick! hope you get somewhere with the county!

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
nice pics! one or two pics I can't picture the location....:hmmm:

whats with the guy in the audience picture? Doesn't look like hiking attire!

idbrian

Crotch Rot
Are you Pukemaster?

I frequent your website, love the pics you guys put up of the terrain. Back in July i was asking about riding some places in MA (Leominster, Lynn Woods) over on MTBR and you sent me a PM. When i responded to you i asked if you had ever tried out Sourlands and recommended it based on the trails you guys ride. Glad to see you made it out there.

ADDED: Saw your review up, surprised to see only a 1.5 on the climbing.

Last edited:

The Kalmyk

The 3m property was an old high school shag spot...Park in the baseball lot and hike up to table rock...If they do expand into this property it would be a great addition

elzoller

El Guac-Oh

Don't take NO for an answer :getsome:

hey, I missed that long log ride...where is it??

B

bikerag

Awesome!! I figured if I posted here you might chime in.. Had a great day of riding, diana wanted to go for 2 laps but we had a 4 hr drive home.. Ill be back for sure. Tons of great rock work on and OFF the trail..

B

bikerag

I can tell you exactly where that is. If you look at the NEW map posted, its right near the intersection 10.. Its completely natural, I just busted some sticks away to make a path to it.. Pretty worthy!!

where's that log ride in the last pic? never seen it before...

B

bikerag

Funny there were a TON of people out that day hiking because it was some boy scout hiking day thing. Trails were very crowded, we got lots of strange looks. Had to wait in line to hit a few features..

nice pics! one or two pics I can't picture the location....:hmmm:

whats with the guy in the audience picture? Doesn't look like hiking attire!

B

bikerag

Yup, im puke.. Funny I put the sourlands link up on the hitlist after we PM'd eachother but totally forgot about it.. I rate the climbing based on vertical, I gotta say, I didnt even notice the climb taking the trail clockwise, maybe my legs were numb after 10 days straight of riding...

Ill definetely be checking out more NJ riding in the future..

Are you Pukemaster?

I frequent your website, love the pics you guys put up of the terrain. Back in July i was asking about riding some places in MA (Leominster, Lynn Woods) over on MTBR and you sent me a PM. When i responded to you i asked if you had ever tried out Sourlands and recommended it based on the trails you guys ride. Glad to see you made it out there.

ADDED: Saw your review up, surprised to see only a 1.5 on the climbing.

woody

This looks like as good a place as any to plunk these pics from a couple weeks ago. Fun day!

Photo%25202143.jpg

Photo%25202144.jpg

Photo%25202142.jpg

Photo%25202145.jpg

Photo%25202147.jpg

Photo%25202150.jpg

Photo%25202152.jpg

Photo%25202156.jpg

Photo%25202158.jpg

Photo%25202161.jpg

J-Dro

Thanks for posting Woody. Seems like so long ago with all the crappy weather lately. Next time we need to get you on camera shredding the gnar on the rigid SS.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
wow, i make some stupid faces while riding. But damn, doesn't that Giant look sweet? Thanks for posting, Woody. This are the first action shots i have on the new bike. That was a great ride until i cracked my freehub. Good news is it has been replaced on warranty and i'm ready to rock again.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions