Sourland Mountain Preserve Saturday 0900 11/30/2019

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Come ride the Sourlands the way i think it flows best.

9am Saturday!

Can't promise that i can find the lines through chunky monkey, but we'll try.

It is the sourlands, so no beginners -
There is quite a bit of climbing, and tech, and i'd rather keep moving to stay warm. While i'm not fast,
and don't mind stopping at the top of the tougher climbs and intersections, would like to keep moving,
so quick recovery.

figure two hours.

Last edited:

Robin

Come ride the Sourlands the way i think it flows best.

Can't promise that i can find the lines through chunky monkey, but we'll try.

It is the sourlands, so no beginners -
There is quite a bit of climbing, and tech, and i'd rather keep moving to stay warm. While i'm not fast,
and don't mind stopping at the top of the tougher climbs and intersections, would like to keep moving,
so quick recovery.

figure two hours.

What time?

qclabrat

Ugh, I missed this post! I didn't feel great this morning, but am thinking about heading down this afternoon. How was it? Any videos/pictures? @Patrick @Robin
Perfect conditions
IMG_20191130_104756.jpg

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Great ride today - fun times watching Jim hop around.

Mission accomplished ! we tried alternate lines - kept moving when we could. Crashed and walked a bit.

I got home and realized i was soaked! Didn't notice how much it warmed up.

@Robin - vid must be posted to youtube or vimeo then embedded here - or post a link to something like dropbox or google drive.

Last edited:

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Glad you guys had fun. I realized i had leaves to deal with at home instead of ride so spent 4 hours doing that instead (town curbside cutoff is fast approaching).

phillychris498

Bummed I missed the group ride this morning, but I did still get out for a Sourlands ride of my own later this afternoon. Got to the parking lot around 2:40 and put in a solid hour of tech riding.

I decided to climb up the crossover trail from marker 2 to marker 4 to get to the good stuff quick. That climb is hard, but gets you good and warmed up to rock fast! I then did all of the red trail in both directions, out to goat ridge and down white. Felt great!

https://www.strava.com/activities/2902540568/

Top Bottom