Sourland Mountain preserve ride 09:30 am come join the fun. (now 12/15)

Nice job out there! Group of 10 - we probably should have stayed away from devil's half acre - but it is so tempting with new people!!!
gotta show them the sights.

We kept the nice casual pace, with stops at the intersections. Snow was sticky, and avoiding the footprints on the boardwalks
was the way to go. Didn't ride some of the alternate lines - while it probably didn't matter, seeing the snow on the top of the rocks
just seemed too risky!

Looking forward to the next sourland ramble....gotta love everyone with summer hours!

Yep tons of fun. Traction a little better than yesterday too. Thanks to Bob aka @knobbyhead for setting this up:

25012965_305467683275174_8782311086335459328_n.jpg

Didn't take enough pics - this was on top, here's @FATBIKEMIKE

25012314_378888042560901_3497350688986365952_n.jpg

Huhh? Did the shaft break or the bolts loosen up? Even with the bolts loose the 'lawyer tab plastic thingy' would kinda prevent it from sliding off the shaft.

Huhh? Did the shaft break or the bolts loosen up? Even with the bolts loose the 'lawyer tab plastic thingy' would kinda prevent it from sliding off the shaft.
The bolt backed out and the arm fell off when my pedal hit a shark fin on the way down. The 1st thread of the bolt was a little buggered but it went back together after some filing.
What @shrpshtr325!!! no balance bike footage?!?!
I had pretty good traction. You should buy a fatbike ;)

Last edited:
The bolt backed out and the arm fell off when my pedal hit a shark fin on the way down. The 1st thread of the bolt was a little buggered but it went back together after some filing.
Original crank still? May have a take off around I can look for if you want.

the battery was done by the time your cranks fell off :/

Nothing on the GoPro? Didn't catch me flopping over even once??
you made one big mistake, you didnt flop over in front of me ;) ill review the footage again and see what there is to see, but i dont recall seeing anything of merit

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions