SOS Race at Stewart 7/27/14

Mildly Wild

S.O.S. Mtn. Bike Challenge
Stewart State Forest Newburgh, N.Y.
Date: Sunday, July 27, 2014

REGISTER ONLINE!

This race is part of the 2014 New York State Mountain Bike Series. The Bicycle Doctor of Middletown, N.Y. will be hosting a benefit race for the "Steward's of Stewart" (SOS) as part of the New York State Mountain Bike Series. This will be the third event of this year's series. The course is 9.5 miles, and starts at the Ridge Rd. parking area.

The Stewarts of Stewart are the trail group that maintains all the great trails in Stewart State Forest.;)

hey im thinking about signing up for this race if anyone wants to join me. probably gonna be doing the 10 mile one since it's gonna be my first race

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Do it! I did it last year. This was my 2nd or 3rd race ever.... It was pouring the entire time.... I STILL had a blast. I'm doing it again cat3 40-49.

Slugger

I'll be in Cat 3 women's, Kissena kit (that is currently mostly white, but I fear by the end of Sunday will be mostly Stewart colored!). Come say hi!

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Any Results posted yet?

BTW- 2nd time I did this race. 2nd time it rained. 2nd time I had a Blast!!!!

Thanks to all for another GREAT time! (From the back of the pack)... ;)

Last edited:
Any Results posted yet?

BTW- 2nd time I did this race. 2nd time it rained. 2nd time I had a Blast!!!!

Thanks to all for another GREAT time! (From the back of the pack)... ;)

Yeah I had a blast too. parked on the wrong side of the park, so had to ride like 3 miles before the start. checked in and lined up at the start with no break, then my chain broke about half way.

Nothing posted yet.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Yeah I had a blast too. parked on the wrong side of the park, so had to ride like 3 miles before the start. checked in and lined up at the start with no break, then my chain broke about half way.

Nothing posted yet.

Sorry to hear about the chain... But if you made it half way, you at least did my favorite part of the course...;)

gtinut

poison ivy central...... only if I knew I would mineral spirit or tecnu. I got home washed my legs and arms, but today still got few itchy spots - more mineral spirit washing.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
poison ivy central...... only if I knew I would mineral spirit or tecnu. I got home washed my legs and arms, but today still got few itchy spots - more mineral spirit washing.

Mineral Spirits? Huh, does that really work? The over the counter stuff does nothing for me.... I'll give it a try next time.... What do you do?

RobW

Mineral Spirits? Huh, does that really work? The over the counter stuff does nothing for me.... I'll give it a try next time.... What do you do?

Mineral spirits- you want cancer huh? Read the MSDS on that junk! I have it at work, sure it dries your skin up but man, that's risky business.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Mineral spirits- you want cancer huh? Read the MSDS on that junk! I have it at work, sure it dries your skin up but man, that's risky business.

The big "C"! Ok, scratch that home remedy. Thanks for the warning.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
strong, Cheap vodka (popov blue?) is my brother's answer. mostly on the skin, but if it gets bad, go plan B.

this after using some oatmeal soap with sand in it.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Just go to the Dr and get some steroids.

gtinut

Tecnu is based on odorless mineral spirit.
Well, did not clean well enough with tecnu and I am hurting.

Mildly Wild

Tecnu is based on odorless mineral spirit.
Well, did not clean well enough with tecnu and I am hurting.

Try TecNu Extreme. No mineral spirits in ingredients. Comes in a tube, sort of a pasty texture.

Works fairly well for me if I get to a shower with this within 3 -4 hrs of exposure.

BTW, anybody get results for this race yet?:hmmm:

muddybike

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Any soap that destroys oil will remove the poison ivy oil from your skin, but you have to do it within a few hours of contact, sooner the better. A dish soap that is "tough on grease" would do the trick (Dawn - works for oil slicked animals- or shampoo) **Cancer quotient not assessed

Top Bottom