Sore and grinning

OneTrackMind

Hi everyone!!!

Got my first ever "proper" mountain bike last week. 29-ss-rigid... asking for punishment. The local bike shop was backed-up, so I had to do the best I can. The one thing I didn't do was swap out the 42t chain ring for the 33t one (my technical ineptness to blame).

Went to Allaire last Staturday. Got lost in the woods in roughly 10 minutes. Found a nice guy minding his own business. Probably scared him stiff by asking if I could follow him around. He took me through some pretty hairy stuff. The 42t chain ring just wasn't intended for climbing. Did the best I could for almost half an hour until my legs were ready to give out. Lost the nice guy on a particularly steep climb (I know, I know, Allaire doesn't have many of those, but it was steep enough for me. okay?)

Two days later I'm still sore but I still can't wipe that grin off my face!

Visited another bike shop and swapped the chain ring. Now, I can't wait for the weekend to get lost in the woods again!!!

Welcome.

Good stuff man. 29r SS Rigid surely is proper Id say. What bike did you get? There really was a 42t chainring on there??? That cant be fun.

Welcome.

Good stuff man. 29r SS Rigid surely is proper Id say. What bike did you get? There really was a 42t chainring on there??? That cant be fun.

Motobecane Outcast, it comes from bike direct. I guess they package it as a commuter/flat-recreational-trail ride.

Welcome aboard there are some climbs at allaire depending on what side of hospital road you where on.watch the rides section you find rides all over.
BTW I still get the grin..

Welcome aboard there are some climbs at allaire depending on what side of hospital road you where on.watch the rides section you find rides all over.
BTW I still get the grin..

I live closer to Hartshorne Woods park. I wanted to go there, but a guy at local bike shop told me I'm better off going to Allaire cause it's a "baby park" (his words, not mine).

I was on the north side of Hospital Road. There were orange and blue paints on the trail markers.

So, how does Allaire really compare against Hartshorne Woods?

Allaire is a great beginners park, but there are certain sections that are less beginner friendly than others.

Hartshorne has more hills than Allaire for sure. Stating that my 1st ever MTB ride in New Jersey was at Hartshorne on a POS bought at Dick's bike and I survived so you can too!

Allaire is a great beginners park, but there are certain sections that are less beginner friendly than others.

Hartshorne has more hills than Allaire for sure. Stating that my 1st ever MTB ride in New Jersey was at Hartshorne on a POS bought at Dick's bike and I survived so you can too!

Great! Thanks, I'll try Hartshorne this Saturday. The work week SUCKS!!!

Back
Top Bottom