son of a b**ch!!

Stocky

MIG , about what time did this happen yesterday ?

My wife sat ON the Goethals bridge in stand still traffic for well over an hour yesterday trying to meet up with her sister and go to the Staten Island childrens museum.

I'm thinking the delay was all your fault .;)

Sircrashalot

since when??

Long long time.....

No fault applies only to injury claims from accidents. Means that no matter who's fault the accident is, your own insurance pays for medical bills, initially.

As far as 'fault' for property damage liability from an accident goes NJ is Comparative 50% meaning that if you are 50% or less at fault you can recover % much from the other persons insurance, but if you are 51% at fault you recover nothing. For example, in a lane change deal with no witnesses, where each driver says the other changed lanes and the sides of the cars hit, each drivers insurance gets back 50% of their damages from the other insurance.

I like talking about riding much more....:D

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Long long time.....

No fault applies only to injury claims from accidents. Means that no matter who's fault the accident is, your own insurance pays for medical bills, initially.

ok for medical that may be true, but i was going to say if i get rear ended i KNOW that im not paying anything to fix my truck bc it was the other guys fault, his insurance will pick it up for me :)

I like talking about riding much more....:D

me too :D

idbrian

Crotch Rot
I had a NJ transit bus come into my lane a tear up the side of my car a few months back. The costs of damage were under my thousand dollar deductible. The NJ transit has their own insurance and wouldn't pay me a dime. It was such an annoying process. I waited an hour for cops to show up and it was clear from what the bus driver was saying that it was his fault. The police caught him in a lie. He said he didn't even hit me and then i showed the remnants of my wheel well and paint on the bus wheel lugs. The cops even came up to me and said "this guy is full of crap." Well apparently they didn't include any of that in the report which simply read that i said he came into my lane, and that the bus driver said i came into his. Which was the bus drivers story AFTER saying he didn't hit me at all. So i call the NJ transit claims dept and they simply said it should be a wash and they owe me nothing.

Top Bottom