SoMo IMBA/Subaru Trail Crew

SpartaBard

Here is a copy of an email I received following the SoMo IMBA/Subaru Trail Crew:

Dear Recent (or Future) South Mountain Trail Care Participant:

Both personally and on behalf of the South Mountain Conservancy, I want to thank you for supporting the recent IMBA/Subaru Trail Care Crew visit at South Mountain. I do not believe the Reservation has ever seen such a positive outpouring of support from the mountain biking and hiking communities. Clearly, the considerable potential of these groups working together was demonstrated over the weekend of July 7th and July 8th. The fact that important decision makers and County officials were on hand Sunday to see the result of our efforts and participate in the trail building was really great.

If you are interested in the numbers, we had 20 participants at the Friday VIP reception, 60 students at the TCC Saturday classroom session, 45 trail workers on Saturday afternoon and over 40 trail workers on Sunday morning. The new trail is almost 7/10 of a mile long and took approximately 260 man hours to construct.

The South Mountain Conservancy, with the assistance of JORBA (Jersey Off-Road Bicycling Association) has formed a Mountain Biking Study Committee to examine the issue of creating and maintaining a sustainable multi-use trail system in the Reservation – which would include responsible riding opportunities on the trails. We look forward to continuing our work together to achieve these goals and improve the Reservation.

We look forward to seeing you at our future Trail Maintenance days, which are the first Sunday of the month from 9 AM to 12 Noon. The next scheduled TM is Sunday August 5th at 9AM. A reminder email will be sent to you with specific meeting location and scheduled trail work information.

Thank you again for your support and help!

Don Schatz
South Mountain Conservancy

Top Bottom