Something Wicked presents... 6 Hours Of Cathedral Pines

rocknrollgirl

update

I spoke to the people at the park about what would be available, and much to their shock and dismay, the race promoter filed a permit for only 50 racers.
YIKES. They were not happy. And kinda snippy.

I rechecked bikereg and their website and I did not see a 50 person limit.

I think there may be some issues that they need to workout.

6thElement

I spoke to the people at the park about what would be available, and much to their shock and dismay, the race promoter filed a permit for only 50 racers.
YIKES. They were not happy. And kinda snippy.

I rechecked bikereg and their website and I did not see a 50 person limit.

I think there may be some issues that they need to workout.
Ouch :popcorn:

Panhead

I think it just might be a paperwork issue, there is almost a month and a half to get it fixed. CLIMB is putting it on so I don't see a problem. Maybe that's why only the first 50 prereg get shirts.

Havoc

We are sorry but tent camping is not allowed after November 1st in this park. Something Wicked Events is not affiliated with CLIMB, though we are CLIMB members.

We will compile a list of motels/hotels in the area and post them here.

There is NO limits put on racer amounts either. The only limit is for FREE Tshirts. After the confirmed rider list reaches 50, the shirts will be sold, at a low cost, the day of the race.

rocknrollgirl

Thanks Wicked People race promoter guy..sorry if I caused you an issue with snippy park lady.

I would much appreciate a list of places to stay, the more low key, the better!

skipper

so how long is the race? i know it says its a 6 hour endurance race, is that true? or is it just one lap?

Havoc

10 mile lap, 6 hours long. Starts at 9am last lap probably can leave at 2:59pm.
Bingo!!! Give that man a beer filled event pint glass!
Getting great feedback about this race. We are looking to make this fun as well with a throwback to grassroots style mtb racing. Expect a heavy horror theme. Bring a change of underwear.

xc62701

Out...I was looking into it but I really need to chill at that time of year to ramp it up for next year. Good luck fellas. Sounds like a really fun event!

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
As luck would have it, I'm working on Long Island during the weekdays.

Anyone available to ride it next week during the week? I'm going to try my best to get there before dark at least one day next week, hopefully Monday.

It's FAR out on the Island. Going to be a real pain the ass for me to get there after work.

-Steve

Glancing Aft

I'm in! Although I'm going to "try" to treat this as a base ride, ha, we'll see how that goes...

My girlfriend is pumped there's a female SS division, she'll be racing in it!

Top Bottom