Somerset Skate Park - Middlebush Park - Quick Review

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
i hit up the middlebush skatepark yesterday night on demott lane in somerset - great weather last night - but just for an FYI - it's a little too tight for a DJ/mtn bike. there were only two corners i could hit well - right off the sides of a pyramid box. i honestly think its even too tight for a bmx to cruise and have fun. the other decks in the park were too close together and too tall to get any momentum to really roll in fast enough to do anything. most of the runs i took to the larger decks ended up in glorifed bunnyhops and me landing right on the deck top... i couldnt really even make it to the transition on the other side of the deck.

here's a description from skateboardpark.com

http://www.skateboardpark.com/skateboardpark/viewpark.asp?ID=5230

"Small. 4 ft spine. pyramid box. Qp's from 4 ft to like 7 ft. Long rail on pyramid box. Not that special. Not anything to go out of your way for. Just if your around it's fun just to go to."

the two corners i could actually have fun on looked similar to this feature (the pyramid in the middle):

Bramlage_Park1.JPG

i could catch enough speed to roll into the box's corners and launch off... nothing special - i tooled around in it for about an hour. there was only one other skater there the entire time.

definitely more skateboard oriented - but if you're in the area for some reason and its rained and the local trails are wet, give it a go. you'd probably have the place to yourself.

warcricket

Like a Jerk
urg!

wtf, i've gotten written up twice for riding my bmx in here! when do you go? cause there's always a cop car when i go. i live right there btw.

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
wtf, i've gotten written up twice for riding my bmx in here! when do you go? cause there's always a cop car when i go. i live right there btw.

that's odd - it's posted that bikes are cool.

we're you wearing a lid? if you weren't, then i could see getting written up.

i was there probably starting around 7:15.

warcricket

Like a Jerk
that's odd - it's posted that bikes are cool.

we're you wearing a lid? if you weren't, then i could see getting written up.

i was there probably starting around 7:15.

yea, i wear a helmet.
they citied it as trespassing the two times i got caught which where like 2 summers ago so the rules might have changed.
imma go right now. hopefully my luck wont go to shit.

warcricket

Like a Jerk
well....
the sign says that bikes aren't allowed, and that you have to pay a $10 fee...
but, if you go before the park opens (9am) then you're fine

Top Bottom