Someone to lead an intermediate ride on sunday nov 10th

Nickdc955i

My name is Jhonny from Staten Island, recently decided to become a Jorba member after a ride in 6 mile run, this coming sunday I'll be there with some friends from Queens and wanna show them the trail, unfortunately I just rode it once . I'd like someone who knows well the trail could lead the ride so my friends can enjoy the trail as much as I did. Would be an intermediate ride. Thanks in advance for your help
I don’t know the trail but would meet there.

WJF

a better read would be Saturday morning after the freeze
I didn't tell you guys that a very nice person did lead us the day I went there and was the best host, his name is Bill, gave us a good guide and talked to us about Jorba and MTBNJ, the very same day I became member
Good chance that was Wild Bill! @WJF ???

I’m planning to hike in and trim the Blue trail very early Saturday morning, will post up here and let you know. Thursday rain forecast may have impact. During freeze/thaw cycles we see the most trail damage.....

TimBay

a better read would be Saturday morning after the freeze
Isnt the effect of freeze/thaw more relevant after snow or at least during a period that water has had a chance to sit on top more due to prolonged freezing? I'm legitimately asking...i have no idea. I ride a majestic trail system where this isn't much of a factor.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Isnt the effect of freeze/thaw more relevant after snow or at least during a period that water has had a chance to sit on top more due to prolonged freezing? I'm legitimately asking...i have no idea. I ride a majestic trail system where this isn't much of a factor.
There are a lot of moisture under the fallen leaves.... plus expecting rain on Thursday?

rick81721

Lothar

Not at 6mr. Surface moisture is pretty much there all winter. When temps above 30, stay away

rick81721

Lothar
Good riddance

GaseousPresentAidi-size_restricted.gif

Mtbdog

I would think you have to take into consideration the type of soil that's there. It's mostly hardpack clay, so albeit a little slick I wouldn't think the frost/thaw effect would come into play this early in the season. If it was loam then maybe a different story. Maybe time the ride for when conditions are most favorable. Later in the day if the sun needs to dry the trails a little so you don't ride the morning dew.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions