Someone to lead an intermediate ride on sunday nov 10th

jklett

Frozen solid this morning, melt started after 9:00am, should be slick for the rest of the morning.
Not sure what it will look like this afternoon.
Thanks for the update, I kind of thought that's what was going to happen. I was just about to head over and you saved me a trip.

I'm thinking that it may be a good idea to reschedule tomorrow's ride to either another day when it's to stay below freezing or another park. I know chimney rock pretty good and that should be fine tomorrow but it's nothing like sixmile run.

jklett

I'm going to swing by early afternoon and see what it's like, maybe later in the day might work. I can't ride earlier than 9 tomorrow morning.

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
It’s only going to have issues when it’s thawing. It will be good after the sun burns off the wet from any thaw.

jklett

I just hiked a good part of white, it's still greasy and you leave tracks but it's not rutting it up. If we can move it to a noon start tomorrow it would be okay.

scotth

Thanks for the update, I kind of thought that's what was going to happen. I was just about to head over and you saved me a trip.

I'm thinking that it may be a good idea to reschedule tomorrow's ride to either another day when it's to stay below freezing or another park. I know chimney rock pretty good and that should be fine tomorrow but it's nothing like sixmile run.
Chimney Rock.....Need to get back on the big wheeled bike

jklett

Okay, here's the deal. Tomorrow isn't going to happen at sixmile. I'm more than happy to show everyone around at Chimney Rock at 9. Let me know by tonight what the consensus is because if that doesn't work I'm doing something completely different.

I will gladly show people around at sixmile but not at the expense of the trails. Wait until it stays below freezing, if it's over 32 consider it closed.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Okay, here's the deal. Tomorrow isn't going to happen at sixmile. I'm more than happy to show everyone around at Chimney Rock at 9. Let me know by tonight what the consensus is because if that doesn't work I'm doing something completely different.

I will gladly show people around at sixmile but not at the expense of the trails. Wait until it stays below freezing, if it's over 32 consider it closed.
Completely different? What do you have in mind? Does it have anything to do with bikes?

Last edited:

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions