Someone to lead an intermediate ride on sunday nov 10th

Aristizabalj

My name is Jhonny from Staten Island, recently decided to become a Jorba member after a ride in 6 mile run, this coming sunday I'll be there with some friends from Queens and wanna show them the trail, unfortunately I just rode it once . I'd like someone who knows well the trail could lead the ride so my friends can enjoy the trail as much as I did. Would be an intermediate ride. Thanks in advance for your help

qclabrat

6mile is pretty easy to navigate, but I get a leader is better
What time? and good for you with the Jorba membership

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Keep an eye on the weather. Six Mile doesn't do well with rain or snow sometimes.

Aristizabalj

They ride Cunningham I'd say everyday, I can't cause I live in Staten Island but on weekends I meet them to ride most of the time in Stillwell Woods or Glacier Ridge in Long Island

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
I miss riding glacier ridge. It was a pain to get to even when I lived in Brooklyn but was really fun. If you live in SI you might want to check out allaire and hartshorne too. Usually a lot less traffic going that way.

Aristizabalj

I miss riding glacier ridge. It was a pain to get to even when I lived in Brooklyn but was really fun. If you live in SI you might want to check out allaire and hartshorne too. Usually a lot less traffic going that way.
I like the social part of riding with a group, that's why I take that long commute anytime I can, 2 weeks ago I rode 6 mile run and liked it, closer to my house, cheaper toll and have a couple friends here in the island that liked it too so I think 6 mile run will be my main trail, here in the island there are pretty good trails but is supposed to be illegal riding here, we do it anyway cause there are no signs banning bikes so that's our argument in case someone ask us to leave or stop riding

Aristizabalj

By the way, Glacier Ridge is awesome, too far but is worth it the commute

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I didn't tell you guys that a very nice person did lead us the day I went there and was the best host, his name is Bill, gave us a good guide and talked to us about Jorba and MTBNJ, the very same day I became member

Good chance that was Wild Bill! @WJF ???

jklett

I can show your group around, I know the place very well. Unfortunately I don't speak Spanish so if that would be a problem just let me know, I won't be offended if you want someone who does.

Aristizabalj

I can show your group around, I know the place very well. Unfortunately I don't speak Spanish so if that would be a problem just let me know, I won't be offended if you want someone who does.
Not problem at all, thank you very much. I hope the trail is good for riding that day and we'll be there.

jklett

Not problem at all, thank you very much. I hope the trail is good for riding that day and we'll be there.
I'll check it out Saturday afternoon and let you know how conditions are.

BTW, what parking lot do you want to start from?

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions