Someone reccomend a fork?

skipper

Can someone here reccomend a good fork for me. I ride a Felt hardtail with the original Suntour XCT V2 (I believe thats the one) that came on the bike. I've cranked it all the way up to make it more stiff, but I still feel like I get a bouncy ride out of it when thats not what I want. Overall I think its just a cheap fork. Was ok to start, but after quite a bit of abuse I think it's seen better days. Something under $300 would be nice.

alex_k

I'd recommend RS Tora.

Cambriabike.com offers a incredible deal - ROCKSHOX TORA 318 FORK SOLO AIR SUSPENSION FORK 2008 for $209.95

http://www.cambriabike.com/shopexd....X+TORA+318+FORK+SOLO+AIR+SUSPENSION+FORK+2008

for $100 more you can get ROCKSHOX RECON 351 SUSPENSION FORK 2008 TAKE OFF

but check your steer length, this one is cut to 200mm

http://www.cambriabike.com/shopexd....KSHOX+RECON+351+SUSPENSION+FORK+2008+TAKE+OFF

Tora and Recon have same internals but Recon is a lighter fork. Both are very stiff and perform well.

beachwoodbikes

Shop: Beachwood Bikes
Shop Keep
Suspension Fork

Can someone here reccomend a good fork for me. I ride a Felt hardtail with the original Suntour XCT V2 (I believe thats the one) that came on the bike. I've cranked it all the way up to make it more stiff, but I still feel like I get a bouncy ride out of it when thats not what I want. Overall I think its just a cheap fork. Was ok to start, but after quite a bit of abuse I think it's seen better days. Something under $300 would be nice.

I would stop by your LBS and see if any of the employees have any used fox forks, $300 on a used fox would be a way better option than any $300 rock shox. There are always restless shop employees looking for that shiny new model year and ready to jump on the first offer to off the old. Just a suggestion, but in the long run, you will be happy with the fork and will get nothing back other than ultimate performance and reliability. That cannot be said about most of the other brands.

Top Bottom