Somebody buy this

Shaggz

A strong 7
yeah, but i can't. i don't have a real excuse yet for getting it past my wife. that's why it's being delivered to the office.

Last edited:

ytc100

Shaggz said:
yeah, but i can't. i don't have a real execuse yet for getting it past my wife. that's why it's being delivered to the office.

Hee hee. You sneaky devil.

SpartaBard

oh boy. You have the same problems I have. :D

I guess you are going to have to keep it at you office also. They are just as sneaky and always find out about secret purchases. :eek:

I am trying to figure out how I can slide a $400 Nitelight past my better half. :rolleyes:

Shaggz

A strong 7
thanks guys - i am pretty psyched, and it was a great price. thanks for the heads up scott!

sean, i'm still going to need help putting it together.

brad, she's still a little sore about the mail-order bride; i had to send that one back. you can leave your sneaky purchases at my house, if i can leave mine at yours.

Last edited:

SpartaBard

Shaggz said:
thanks guys - i am pretty psyched, and it was a great price. thanks for the heads up scott!

sean, i'm still going to need help putting it together.

brad, you can leave your sneaky purchases at my house, if i can leave mine at yours.

Sounds good to me, except my wife will probably think your purchase is really mine. Especially when she sees me going for a test spin on your SASS (can I? :eek: ).

Plenty of room in the garage...

Shaggz

A strong 7
i was thinking your basement would make a great place for a shop and hoebrew fermentation cellar.

J-Dro

Stan LeCupp said:
Wow nice buy steve! Brand new too.

Brad- Performance bike has a coupon for 2 days. You could get 20% off on a set of lights.I have these they are great...

http://www.performancebike.com/shop/profile.cfm?SKU=17588&subcategory_ID=4320

Coupons

10% off orders over $50 #6001733

15% off orders over $125 #6001734

20% off orders over $200 #6001735

When Performance runs these coupon deals, make sure you call them and check if what you want is really in stock. I learned the hard way that their web site is not a real-time inventory system. Just because the web site says its "in stock" doesn't mean squat. You might get an email 3 days later telling you that its on backorder.

Anyway, I picked up that L&M HID light last time Performance had a 20% coupon. It's really freakin bright.:eek:

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Shaggz said:
yeah, but i can't. i don't have a real execuse yet for getting it past my wife. that's why it's being delivered to the office.

my office is 12 feet from my wife. can't send anything there. :(

nice pickup though...that's damn near close to being free.

SpartaBard

With all the talk between shaggz and anrothat, I have been thinking of getting into homebrewing again. My basement would be a nice set up. With regards to setting up a shop down there, the only problem would be that I don't know schlitz about fixing things beyond attaching a water bottle holder.

So the L&M light is worth it? I was thinking the NiteRider Firestorm???

But it would be $100+ more. Hey, it's better than borrowing Shaggz' and having the battery go out halfway through...

Any thoughts on the NiteRider Enduro?

Last edited:

J-Dro

Just so this thread isn't a total hijack, that Bianchi frame was a steal and a half.

The Niterider HID lights are also really nice. The biggest difference is that the nightrider light mounts further forward on your helmet then the L&M light. Some people have complained that the Niterider tends to pull your helmet down over your eyes on the bumpy stuff. The L&M light is mounted further back, so it doesn't tend to pull your helmet forward, but it does stick up slightly higher so you might whack it on a low branch if your not careful. Also, the L&M light has a pivot on the mount so when you stop and regroup with your friends, you can point the light off to the side, thereby saving your friends eyeballs from getting temporarily blinded when you look at them.

The L&M light comes with both bar and helmet mounts, the Niterider Enduro is helmet mount only. IMHO, helmet is the only way to go on the trails, but I guess the bar mount option is nice for just tooling around the roads.

Shaggz

A strong 7
MTBDJ - the nite rider is a bit heavy and does pull the helmet down on the bumpies. I would probably buy the L&M if I had to do it over again.

Sean/Jeff - Brad's basement will be the official shop and homebrew headquarters for our yet to be named organization. I have A LOT of HB supplies and resources, and more hops than you can shake a stick at. I'm sure it will be a lot more exciting working on the bikes with a buzz. Sean, lemme know if you want a copy of PROMASH. It's several yearrs old, but damn it's a great program.

Top Bottom