Some of the LM results are up

Sounds like someone needs to do some volunteering at a MTB race. These races are not easy to pull off. While it is unfortunate that this problem occurred, Norm has indicated that the promoter has the info and is processing the results. It simply takes time.

Their Primary results method failed. They are having to use a redundant back-up method that was done with simple pen and paper. That will take more time. Be thankful they utilized the redundant method.

Have you ever used Microsoft Excel? A half-way decent typist can enter all the data in spreadsheet in 1-2 hours, and then have Excel sort it.

Do you want the promoter to come on the board and read all the crying or do you want your results? I'm sure he is getting pounded with calls and email. I suspect that he is using all his resources to resolve the issue. Coming here to write excuses only hinders that.

I just want the promoter to explain the situation. I'm not asking for excuses, just facts. More importantly, I want Marty's to show that they care about the cycling community more than just taking our money. Ever have a girlfriend yell at you because you didn't tell her you loved her frequently enough? It's something like that. Or when you don't get a phone call after a date... Okay, so maybe I have relationship issues...:hmmm:

What's quicker: (1) Sending one message to 200 people at once, or (2) 200 different messages to those same 200 people, one message at a time. Posting one message here would take less time than all the phone calls Geoff has had to answer the past couple of days. [/QUOTE]

Refund??? :rofl::rofl::rofl: If you want to send the promoter a message...Don't register next year!!!

I already sent a message to the promoter. I called Marty's and spoke to Geoff. Not registering next year wouldn't really be the right answer. It wasn't Marty's that made the mistake. It was the scoring company.

What's quicker: (1) Sending one message to 200 people at once, or (2) 200 different messages to those same 200 people, one message at a time. Posting one message here would take less time than all the phone calls Geoff has had to answer the past couple of days.

Step away from the Computer and relax. You're bitchin like it's your job! Sheesh. Give them some time. Obviously something is messed up and needs some time to fix. You make it seem like their only responsibility is to satisfy the internet trolls. Granted the results are normally up on time and should be posted online soon. Sh*t happens. You're not getting a refund.

It's understandable that people are upset but you don't need to post 7,000 times to get your point across. Think about if you were in his shoes. So far it seems they are taking their time to get the problems corrected and making sure it's right when it does get posted. Don't worry I'm sure your sponsors won't mind waiting a little longer to cut a check...

Step away from the Computer and relax. You're bitchin like it's your job! Sheesh. Give them some time. Obviously something is messed up and needs some time to fix. You make it seem like their only responsibility is to satisfy the internet trolls. Granted the results are normally up on time and should be posted online soon. Sh*t happens. You're not getting a refund.

It's understandable that people are upset but you don't need to post 7,000 times to get your point across. Think about if you were in his shoes. So far it seems they are taking their time to get the problems corrected and making sure it's right when it does get posted. Don't worry I'm sure your sponsors won't mind waiting a little longer to cut a check...

Ok ok ok, let's keep it civil. We don't need a flame war. It's not productive.

I am more interested in how Nimrod got in trouble.

Oh boy......

A friend of mine raced beginner, posted a bunch of pictures on a local internet board, nice. So I posted "her" picture (the same one, tied to the tree) on the same thread. Asked if “She” was out there for the Beginners; got some giggles from people. Then the Long Island Drama Queens found Ben's "friend" (Double Oh-Boy) to be "Highly Offensive, not the least bit funny, sick, etc.” :confused:

Then the Queen wanted to know if there was Blowup Men Dolls and “Stuff” in the woods for the women…. Trailer park stuff … Okay I’m dealing with a temperamental person, take the high road, and let it blow over. :(

Then the Big Time Melt-down, rant letter came. Full page of letting me know …. Lets just say not happy. Guessing it was the same person…"I find it stupid, childish, Teenage immature, you should be embarrassed…blah, blah, blah...” Like I give a crap……

The whole thing is/was hysterical. For the record, took the hit for Ben; didn’t give him up as the “Sexual Delinquent” (yes got called that), master mind behind it all. The Queen would have hunted Ben down with great malice. Should have saved that email; obviously that person put significant effort into it. You guys would have enjoyed it I’m sure being the sick-o’s you all are.

BTW - The expert results for us 40 - 49ers look to have been fixed.

Like Ryan said Sh*t happens. Give em some time. They have already fixed some of the issues that have been brought up.

By and by, these events take a lot of work to put together. Park permits, volunteers, safety, police, course maintenance, cleanup, scoring, etc. I, for one, am always appreciative of the job all of these people do FOR US. For me the race is usually against yours truly. How hard can I push myself, if in doing so I can get to the finish first, then my ego has a nice boost. If not, I walk knowing I did what I could. The results are not the most important thing, it's the experience.

Oh boy......

A friend of mine raced beginner, posted a bunch of pictures on a local internet board, nice. So I posted "her" picture (the same one, tied to the tree) on the same thread. Asked if “She” was out there for the Beginners; got some giggles from people. Then the Long Island Drama Queens found Ben's "friend" (Double Oh-Boy) to be "Highly Offensive, not the least bit funny, sick, etc.” :confused:

Then the Queen wanted to know if there was Blowup Men Dolls and “Stuff” in the woods for the women…. Trailer park stuff … Okay I’m dealing with a temperamental person, take the high road, and let it blow over. :(

Then the Big Time Melt-down, rant letter came. Full page of letting me know …. Lets just say not happy. Guessing it was the same person…"I find it stupid, childish, Teenage immature, you should be embarrassed…blah, blah, blah...” Like I give a crap……

The whole thing is/was hysterical. For the record, took the hit for Ben; didn’t give him up as the “Sexual Delinquent” (yes got called that), master mind behind it all. The Queen would have hunted Ben down with great malice. Should have saved that email; obviously that person put significant effort into it. You guys would have enjoyed it I’m sure being the sick-o’s you all are.
Did this happen on the CLIMB Board?!?!?!

Oh boy......

Now *there's* someone who needs to relax! Sexual Delinquent = compliment. I think you have a moral obligation to share that letter with the rest of us.

I happily volunteer to by a male doll for the next race, if that's what she wants. It will be worth it for the look on her face when she sees it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow - I've browsed that board before and did not suspect they were so draconian over there.

Refund??? :rofl::rofl::rofl: If you want to send the promoter a message...Don't register next year!!!

this happened about 10 years ago with the bicycle hub race at allaire. the races went off almost 2 hours late and the results were screwed up.
that incident soured me on racing for a long time. after that i think they had such a crappy turnout that they stopped promoting that race.

Jeez take it from me "it ain't cancer". I hope none of you folks ever have a real crisis in your life. Ask Dirty Bert, he'll set you straight, it's frigin' bike race for goodness sake. So much for peace, love and understanding. I'll be the first one to register for the race all of you whiners, complainers, and super genius' put on. Try it, see if it's easy, profitable or enjoyable to be a promoter. Any pleasure that is felt during the event is quickly erased by all the sniveling after the fact. I won't respond to the flaming and name calling that I'm sure will follow this post. But do keep in mind that Marty's has been involved in the local cycling community for nearly 30 years. He along with Sarah Frost and Brendan Poe of Cycle Craft were the founders of JORBA. Marty along with Brendan Poe of Cycle Craft have been keen supporters of the local and National biking scene. You want a refund, email I'll write you a check...

Marty's Unreliable

Shananigans!!!!!!:mad:

OK Folks, 1:43 for four laps for 40-49 expert.... No Way 25 minute laps. That is impossible in those trails. Ed Ceccolini turned 28's which is not so much "his" physical limit, but the limit of the course.

In the men 19-29 beginner class the winner's time was 31:27 for one lap! If this time is correct thats one fast rider

Christina ... :)

In the men 19-29 beginner class the winner's time was 31:27 for one lap! If this time is correct thats one fast rider

That sounds right for beginner, if not a little slow. I clocked 1:40:55 for 3 laps in sport, thats an average of 33:30 a lap.

Detailed apology from Marty's on their web site:

http://martysreliable.com/page.cfm?PageID=580

I've personally found this all a bit ridiculous. There were plenty of races last year where we didn't get our results for 10 days. Not to say that's OK, but geez, it's been worse. I think the rumor that the results were lost sent everyone into a frenzy. I was more pissed that the course wasn't marked Saturday morning.

Detailed apology from Marty's on their web site:

http://martysreliable.com/page.cfm?PageID=580

I've personally found this all a bit ridiculous. There were plenty of races last year where we didn't get our results for 10 days. Not to say that's OK, but geez, it's been worse. I think the rumor that the results were lost sent everyone into a frenzy. I was more pissed that the course wasn't marked Saturday morning.

I think this year has far less angst than any of the races last year. Overall I think people seem much more relaxed about it. Well not Biz. He's the same as last year. ;)

But this actually never happened last year. Every race the results were posted on race day - at least preliminary results were. If you didn't want to wait you would have to wait up to 10 days, that's true. But any race you stuck around long enough you got your results that day. This year they're mailing the medals to people which is a bummer for the people who had never podiumed before. I have a friend who coaxed her sister-in-law to race beginner. She managed a podium but she didn't get to have a ceremony. They just walked up and handed the medal to her. That's not the way it should be done.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom