Some of the LM results are up

MixMastaMM

Team Bulldog Rider
This race is a train wreck. I dont get how compuscore could have messed up the results so bad. They usually do a good job at other races. They probably got the "discount" rate. :rolleyes::whoopdedo

MMuller

stratocaster and les paul "neck and neck"

Understand the frustration and hope things get straightened out, but have to say my 1st mtn bike race and had a blast. Stratocaster passed me around 2/3 in and I ended up 2nd in the 40-49 beginner race. Really surprised me. Looks like I only have 1 more year of the 40's category so gonna humble myself and try sport, although if I make it to Stewart have to do early race again to make it to work on time. Great getting to meet a bunch of people and looking forward to the next one.

P

Promtber

Its would be nice for a the race director to inform us on whats going on??? Any one out there?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Its would be nice for a the race director to inform us on whats going on??? Any one out there?

I don't think any of the Marty's guys post here but I talked to Geoff yesterday and he said he had just gotten beginner/expert in the morning. So it took him a few hours to format them and post. He was hoping to get the sport results yesterday but he's at the mercy of the timing company here. I'm hopeful we'll see them this afternoon.

RogerRacer

40+ expert

When we were standing around the score sheets at the race they said the first 2 riders in the expert 40 + were a mistake they DNF & only did 3 laps & they were going to fix it .Guess not .Lets hope they fix this mess some time soon .:drooling:

B

Biz

This is a mess. How can you screw up such a simple process so badly? Like I said in another posting, we are ultimately paying for our results when we pay our entrance fee.

If we are not getting correct results, that's as good as getting no results. If Marty's and CompuScore can't get correct results up, then I still think we are entitled to a refund.

And Campmor/H2H should eliminate this race from the points standings. It would suck for people to be out of the running for the whole serious b/c of someone else's screw up. I don't think any racer would disagree with that. Except maybe the phantom racers who are now winning in the points races. :)

Am I the only one surprised that Marty's doesn't have anyone on staff who reads/posts to these forums? Most other shops have some sort of representation on these forums. Jim Vreeland works for High Gear, and he posts a lot, Pete from Town Cycle posts here, Jay from Halter's, and someone from Dark Horse has already been posting about the Gallop already.

A single post from someone at Marty's explaining the problem(s) would go far.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's

I sent am email to Geoff inviting him to come on and post something. I also said I would be more than happy to pass on any messages he has. I understand that stuff like this can totally suck away someone's free time and if you don't have the energy to keep it up it becomes a burden rapidly.

CrossAddict

Back Up ??

Wasn't anyone out there with an old fashion pencil and paper taking down finishers?

I think they got the single speed right, but the other classes are a mess.

25min laps for 40+ <--- rediculous:confused:

-rf

B

Biz

I just called Marty's and spoke to Geoff. I told him that there's growing discontent over the missing/incorrect results (I admitted I'm one of those posters), and someone from Marty's should get on here and start reading and replying to some of these posts. It would go far to save Marty's rep. I also told him that the rest of the race organization was flawless.

I really hope Geoff or someone else from Marty's replies and explains this themselves, but here's what I got from our brief conversation:

It wasn't compuscore, that did the results, it was another company. It's possible no results were recorded electronically at all. Fortunately, Marty's also manually recorded people's times. Since the scoring co. screwed up, they are taking the manually recorded data and processing it for Marty's.

CrossAddict

I hope the results are not negated. Many of the racers are happy with their finishes. (the correct finishes)

peace,

-rf

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
This is a mess.

I couldn't agree more. If it wasn't for Norm picking up the pone & calling them we would know nothing. You would also think there would be someone who would represent the series as a whole, some kind of leadership.

Nimrod

Nimrod votes that:

Marty's (seems to be) sincere, and (seems to be) working on it.

Lets keep it in perspective, its a bicycle race, and its suppose to be fun.

(disclaimer) I'm getting my ass kicked in the Expert Bracket, so I really have nothing at stake

Last edited:

Mare

This is so darn frustrating! I just called there and Geoff is tied up, so I left a message. Since they are supposedly hand written, I offered to type up the damn results so we can post them!

BiknBen

Biz said:
This is a mess. How can you screw up such a simple process so badly? Like I said in another posting, we are ultimately paying for our results when we pay our entrance fee.

If we are not getting correct results, that's as good as getting no results. If Marty's and CompuScore can't get correct results up, then I still think we are entitled to a refund. ...

Sounds like someone needs to do some volunteering at a MTB race. These races are not easy to pull off. While it is unfortunate that this problem occurred, Norm has indicated that the promoter has the info and is processing the results. It simply takes time.

Their Primary results method failed. They are having to use a redundant back-up method that was done with simple pen and paper. That will take more time. Be thankful they utilized the redundant method.

Do you want the promoter to come on the board and read all the crying or do you want your results? I'm sure he is getting pounded with calls and email. I suspect that he is using all his resources to resolve the issue. Coming here to write excuses only hinders that.

Refund??? :rofl::rofl::rofl: If you want to send the promoter a message...Don't register next year!!!

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
If you want to send the promoter a message...Don't register next year!!!

At the end of that day that's what it really comes down to. For me the day was about so much more than the actual race. The pre/post race are what really make the day a fun event for me. If they *never* post results I'll deal with it and race it again next year. It's all good.

But that's just my take. Some people are totally into it for the competition and they really don't show up to socialize. That's cool, and it's not "better" or "worse" than what I do on race day. If that's what you're there for then your biggest voice is to walk away.

As the Big Lebowski says, "Fuck it dude let's go bowling."

jbogner

NYCMTB: President
JORBA.ORG
If you want to send the promoter a message...Don't register next year!!!

As a promoter, I'd much rather people tell me what they liked and didn't like about races I put on, then just not show up the next year.

Nimrod

As a promoter, I'd much rather people tell me what they liked and didn't like about races I put on, then just not show up the next year.

The thing is... the promoters make a nice easy target (not targeting anybody with that remark, just a statement).

Help me out here Jamie...; it’s not for the money promoters get into these events for, that little I do know.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The thing is... the promoters make a nice easy target (not targeting anybody with that remark, just a statement).

Help me out here Jamie...; it’s not for the money promoters get into these events for, that little I do know.

It's the endless stream of groupies bro (some of which hang from trees near the start of the race).

bushpig

Definitely easier not to put on a race than to run one. With the exception of promoters that are clearly dogging it, I am one to cut slack, even when irritations (like late/f'ed results) arise.

Top Bottom