Soma Double Cross flatland touring rig **super price drop**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karate Monkey

Bought this with the idea of doing some flat land touring, noodling around, but never got to it. Flawless condition.

Frame/fork: Soma Double Cross Cantilever. 20"/51cm c-t-c seat tube. Other measurements on request.
Handlebars: Modolo "Butterfly" bars. Super hard to find here...
Stem: Civia
Headset: Cane Creek 110
Seatpost Clamp: Salsa
Seatpost: Velo Orange Grand Cru
Cranks: Velo Orange Grand Cru 110 double
Wheels: Velocity Synergy rims, Velocity branded hubs
Tires: 700x40 Maxxis Refuse
Drivetrain: Shimano 105 all around. Flatbar shifters.
Brake Levers: Dia-Compe "guidonnet" levers
Brakes: IRD Cafams with Mathauser pads/shoes
Saddle: Sprung Velo
Fenders: SKS P45s

IMG_20190216_180225.jpg
IMG_20190216_180251.jpg
IMG_20190216_180338.jpg
IMG_20190216_180356.jpg
IMG_20190216_180410.jpg
IMG_20190216_180427.jpg

Asking $800. Thanks for looking.

qclabrat

Great looking build, glws
Can you post some closeups of the cockpit? interested in how you positioned/mounted the brake levers and shifters

Karate Monkey

IMG_20190217_130158.jpg

@qclabrat the guidonnet levers are difficult to see here, but they follow the curve of the trekking bars. They were originally designed for swept-back upright bars. Obv, you aren't limited to this type on trekking bars--you can use regular flatbar levers, too. The shifters are up top (they were there when I got it). I originally intended to move them down to the bottom, but left them after two rides, when I realized I didn't mind them there.

Last edited:

Karate Monkey

Bump. For reference, I'm 5'9" ish, and this is a super comfy, mostly upright (like, 'hybrid' bike) fit, as built.

rlb

Nice looking bike, GLWS. Waiting for someone around here to sell a 58cm bike!

RobW

What fenders are these and how wide of tire will it take on this bike? Better yet, would you part out the fenders ? Then I’d want to know my first question.

Rob

Karate Monkey

@RobW they are SKS P45 Chromoplastic fenders. Since the stays are cut-to-fit, it doesn't make a ton of sense to try to re-sell them, unless you have the exact bike, and exact size they are on. I have a second set of stays, but you're already at retail then, so...

RobW

@RobW they are SKS P45 Chromoplastic fenders. Since the stays are cut-to-fit, it doesn't make a ton of sense to try to re-sell them, unless you have the exact bike, and exact size they are on. I have a second set of stays, but you're already at retail then, so...
Has same bike in 54

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom