Sold

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimBay

The bicycle blue book value for this bike is $172. Due to the Covid bike shortages you could likely get near these prices on FB/CL, but this is a mountain bike enthusiast forum. There aren't any desperate parents trying to find a bike to ride with their kids because we all own bikes...because it's a bike forum. Don't take it too personally. But we can see your posting activity, which looks like you joined to sell covid-priced bikes, which is why you got mocked.

If you mountain bike and want to be a part of the community, that's great and nobody will hold these sales against you. But this is a forum about mtb that happens to have a for sale section, not a typical buy/sell FB group. All the best and GLWS.

williamsonoma

The bicycle blue book value for this bike is $172. Due to the Covid bike shortages you could likely get near these prices on FB/CL, but this is a mountain bike enthusiast forum. There aren't any desperate parents trying to find a bike to ride with their kids because we all own bikes...because it's a bike forum. Don't take it too personally. But we can see your posting activity, which looks like you joined to sell covid-priced bikes, which is why you got mocked.

If you mountain bike and want to be a part of the community, that's great and nobody will hold these sales against you. But this is a forum about mtb that happens to have a for sale section, not a typical buy/sell FB group. All the best and GLWS.
What a way to welcome a new member! yes its sarcasm but "Don't take it too personally"

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
There’s been a trend of new members posting older bikes, at higher than usual prices, and members are having some fun with it. It may not come off well but I don’t think it’s meant to be mean spirited. Like was said before, Craigslist or FB marketplace is probably a better spot to sell them. Nothing wrong with older bikes, but their value is very subjective. Unless it is something rare or collectible, this is probably not the best place for it.

TimBay

There’s been a trend of new members posting older bikes, at higher than usual prices, and members are having some fun with it. It may not come off well but I don’t think it’s meant to be mean spirited. Like was said before, Craigslist or FB marketplace is probably a better spot to sell them. Nothing wrong with older bikes, but their value is very subjective. Unless it is something rare or collectible, this is probably not the best place for it.
I'd like to add that if a well known member posted covid priced bikes on here they'd be mocked WAY harder. In fact, I think someone did that for a friend or as a joke and it was an hilarious thread.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
I think there is a general consensus here that we all kinda try to help each other.
But this type of ads are counter to that IMO.

Nothing wrong with taking advantage of supply and demand and trying to maximize.... just not here.
Kinda like... you don't shit where you eat.

bergsnj

I think it's a dick move to join an enthusiast forum just to try to sell what you think is gold to a targeted audience. I thought you had to have like 25 posts before you could list something for sale on here.

It's so easy to list junk on craigslist or facebook, why not list it there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom