SOLD-- Origin-8 CX700 cyclocross 56cm TT

veloduffer

p278251431-4.jpg

I'm selling an Origin8 CX-700 cyclcross/monster cross bike. This bike is in excellent condition (I can't find any scratches) and is extremely versatile.
The CX 700 is not a RACE oriented cross frame. This is for an all around utilitarian machine that works a loaded touring bike, it is a sweet commuter, or a backroad all-day fun machine. It is made to take you on all day epics that include some tight singletrack, lots of dirt roads, a stream crossing, rough chip n' seal back roads, and to the local coffee shop or burger and cold beer joint at the end.

The frame has:
Slideouts and derailleur hanger (currently set up as a single speed)
Takes up to 29x2.3 tires; or put drop bars and use cross or touring tires like 700x28 for faster rides.
Top tube is 56cm effective
Seat tube is 53.5cm (center-to-center)
I'm 5'10.5" and ride a road bike with 56cm top tube and 18.5" Trek mtb with 60.2cm top tube

It's currently outfitted with
Ritchey adjustable stem (new)- 12cm with 45 degrees of adjustability.
Bontrager bar (new)
Ritchey grips (new)
Avid levers (new)
Oval alloy seatpost (new)
Wheels are Sun Rhyno rims laced to flip flop Surly hubs (16T ss/18T ss)
Bontrager 29x2.1 tires (very good condition)
Avid v-brakes
Crankset with 38T chainring
Pedals are not included.

Here are the specs:
* 4130 Triple butted heat treated chromoly frame and fork
* Removable cantilever and disc brake mounts ; Removable cable guides
* Custom machined dropout with integrated tensioners
* 27mm ovalized chainstays w/ 2.1 (52c) clearance
* *2011 Black version (machined head tube; alloy head badge; 200g lighter weight)
* Fork axle to crown: 403mm Fork rake: 45mm BB drop: 65mm
* 5.6 lb weight (50cm), Horizontal dropout with derailleur hanger
* Designed for 38T x 48T or less rings (MTN crank)
* 27.2mm seatpost; 1 1/8' Threadless headset
* 132.5mm spacing for road or Mtn hubs

Last edited:

THATmanMANNY

pretty sweet. so verything in pic is included except for pedal? so is this their 54cm?

nice dropouts

flip flop hub?

veloduffer

Yes, everything but the pedals. I think it is their 56cm/large model. And the Surly hub is a flip flop but currently has two freewheels: 16T one side, 18T on the other. The crank is a 38T.

I ride a 56cm road bike and 18.5" Trek mtb. With a flat bar, you can use a longer top tube; for example my Trek's effective top tube is 60.9cm.

If you want to test ride it, let me know. Thanks for your interest.

moray42

Merman
Sweet ride:). Really like it, but don't have the cash for another bike right now. That and i'm hoping to put something aside towards a full suspension somewhere down the road. Best of luck with finding a buyer.

Top Bottom