SOLD - 2015 Specialized Fatboy SE with 90mm Nextie carbon wheelset – Medium - SOLD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pampa

Selling to fund a plus bike project. This is a custom frameset build. Pretty light at 25 lb 8 oz with 3.8/4.0 tires on 90mm carbon rims (as pictured below). Bike has the wear marks from being ridden & raced but has been maintained along the way and it’s in good working condition. Wheels run smooth and true, brakes brake well and shifting is smooth as well.

The bike has an EBB (Beer Components) that makes the conversion to SS fast and easy. If it’s preferred, I can swap it for the e*thirteen PF30 that came with the frameset (very little use).

The front rim has a big nick/dent on it from throwing the bike into a rock garden while running very low pressure on the tire. I took it to the bike shop to see if it could be patched with some product but it can’t. However, the rim/wheel is structurally sound (in my non-expert opinion). I put a piece of gorilla tape on it to “protect” it and I have been riding the bike normally without any issues. Of course, you can inspect the rim and take it to a bike shop to have a pro’s opinion. I'll add detailed pics of this tomorrow.

You are welcome to inspect and test-ride the bike. I’m in the Hackettstown area, near Stephens, Deer Park and Allamuchy but can meet somewhere else within reasonable driving distance.

Frameset:

Specialized Fatboy SE (M4 Alu) + FACT Carbon fork (clearance for 4.8” tires on 100mm rims). Geometry & dimensions here.

Drive train:
  • Beer Components PF30 EBB (easy to adjust, no slippage at all)
  • Race Face Next SL Cinch Direct Mount w/ 28T ring
  • SRAM X9 Black & red 10-speed shifter
  • SRAM X9 Type 2.1 Red & black 10-speed RD
  • SRAM PG-1050 10-speed cassette, 10-36
  • KMC DLC Black & red 10-speed chain with 2 quick connect links (for setting chain length for gears or SS use)
Wheelset & brakes:
  • Nextie 90mm rims, 32H. Industry Nine hubs (Front: QR 135mm, Rear: QR 190)
  • Front tire: Surly Larry 3.8” 120 TPI, Rear tire: 45NRTH Husker Du 4.0” 120 TPI (setup tubeless)
  • Brakes: Avid BB7s with Avid 160mm rotors
Cockpit & other parts:
  • Niner RDO Handlebar
  • SRAM foam grips
  • Niner RDO Stem 100mm, +-6 deg. (can switch for 80mm stem, similar rise)
  • Niner RDO Seatpost
  • Bontrager saddle

Will include THREE extra sets of tires:
  • Ultra light/summer/gravel riding: Kenda Juggernaut Pro 4.0” 120 TPI x 2– 830 gr!!! Very little use.
  • Deep/loose snow and/or ice riding: Surly Bud & Lou 4.8” 120 TPI studded with Grip studs (155 studs in the front and 140 in the rear). A few studs are a nice safety addition for passing over ice with little snow on top, etc. However, with this number of studs you can ride in frozen lakes, climb frozen streams, etc. (YMMV). This tires have one more winter season in them and they will have to be replaced. The studs can be moved to new tires with included installation tool.
  • All around/trail/snow riding: 45NRTH Vanhelga 4.0” 120 TPI. These have a couple of punctures patched from the inside, but I have run them tubeless without any problems. They have beefy knobs too and can take the Grip studs.
More extras:
  • Race Face Direct Mount ring 26T. Used but with some life left in it.
  • Schwalbe Tube (26 x 3.5” – 4.8”) never had to use it (other than for setting tires tubeless) but you never know.
  • Spare rear derailleur hanger.
Now $1,200.

Some quick pics:

Weight:
IMG-2608.JPG

Current setup:
IMG-2609.JPG

IMG-2610.JPG

IMG-2612.JPG

IMG_2166.jpg

IMG_2168.jpg

Last edited:

Pampa

A couple of pics of alternative setups with included components.

With Bud & Lou:
2015-01-24 10.12.55.jpg

NewA00431.jpg

With Vanhelga's and setup SS:

New00411.JPG

Attachments

• New00383.JPG
    New00383.JPG
    139.5 KB · Views: 3

Pampa

More current pics (more in thumbnails):

IMG-2622.JPG IMG-2624.JPG IMG-2626.JPG
IMG-2629.JPG IMG-2634.JPG

Attachments

• IMG-2620.JPG
    IMG-2620.JPG
    165.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG-2630.JPG
    IMG-2630.JPG
    164.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG-2631.JPG
    IMG-2631.JPG
    138.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG-2632.JPG
    IMG-2632.JPG
    139.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG-2636.JPG
    IMG-2636.JPG
    174 KB · Views: 9

Pampa

Pics of the dent below. Not really a dent but I can't find the right word in my limited English vocabulary. The edge of the rim is fine, is the side that got hit and started peeling/delaminating. Again, I think the rim is structurally strong have been riding it like that for a year. However, I understand that people might feel uneasy about it so how about this: I'll discount the money to buy and replace the rim ($400 - $330 for the rim, shipped to NJ and $70 for relacing the hub to new rim - just got a quote from Marty's to do this). You can go ahead and do this right away, or you can keep the money and use it if it's needed down the road.

As I was riding it (with the Gorilla tape over the dent):
IMG-2637.JPG IMG-2638.JPG IMG-2639.JPG IMG-2641.JPG

Pampa

I believe the word you’re looking for is FUBAR

o_O I had to look that up. Very funny. However, far from it! I've used the bike for more than a year without any extension of the peeling or damage (with the strip of Gorilla tape covering it). I lift it a bit more when I pulled the tape off though. I think I'll clean it and use some kind of super glue to seal the whole thing.

RobW

o_O I had to look that up. Very funny. However, far from it! I've used the bike for more than a year without any extension of the peeling or damage (with the strip of Gorilla tape covering it). I lift it a bit more when I pulled the tape off though. I think I'll clean it and use some kind of super glue to seal the whole thing.
i would say like an epoxy or if youre good, get a small piece of fiberglass and cover it then sand down and paint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom