so, who rode this weekend?

mergs

Spokompton's Finest
JORBA.ORG
Not much weekend riding for me, cause I needed to rest from the weeks riding ..... Tuesday - 2 hours at ringwood, Wed, - 4 hours mooch,

There will be trail building at Jungle Habitat every Sunday this month for anyone interested. JH is only a few miles from Ringwood. Maybe someday we can connect JH, Sterling, Ringwood and Ramapo together for a huge epic ride. Maybe I'll call it the "Jersey Rocks!" ride ??

Ellen :)

I like the way you think :D

I've been studying the topos now for a few weeks and it seems entirely possible to link up JH with Ringwood via Wanaque WMA (not to mention Sterling Forest once they approve the trails plan there). although the WMA is mostly ATV traffic now, with Norms relationship with the WMAs, we can scout and propose new trails through the WMA and perhaps *build* new single track connecting up these parks. that would be epic and be a really memorable contribution to NJ's trails. not too mention this connectivity between parks is the vision of the NJ Trail Plan.

by the way "Jersey Rocks!" is also the working name for something top secret that I'm not supposed to tell anyone about ;) but let's just say its a mashup of single track and microbrews.

My rides: shortie at the Tourne on Sat, post TM; trail work at SoMo, then a 3+ fun ride with Frankie at WVP on Sunday (followed by a growler guzzling bs session with same cast of knuckleheads).

Last edited:

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
... it seems entirely possible to link up JH with Ringwood via Wanaque WMA (not to mention Sterling Forest once they approve the trails plan there). although the WMA is mostly ATV traffic now, with Norms relationship with the WMAs, we can scout and propose new trails through the WMA and perhaps *build* new single track connecting up these parks. that would be epic and be a really memorable contribution to NJ's trails. ....

That would be awesome!

J

Jerryg

I don't get it either...dude helped me out big time. Just sayin'...

Shaggz

A strong 7
I don't get it either...dude helped me out big time. Just sayin'...
inside joke jerry; we were bustig brad's b@wls. john and his partner frank are great guys. john is arguably one of the best wrenches in jersey, and hopefully you had the opportunity to ride with, or at least see him i action, at diablo.

you are the dead fan from MA, right? glad you made it back down to jersey, and let us know when you come down again.

Last edited:

Maurice

We were invited at the shore, so I decided to ride there while my wife was driving the kids.

What should have been a ~75 miles ride turned into a 95 miles one, due to me getting lost twice.

Strange feeling when you have no map, end up on a completely different road and eventually come to some point you've been before, 10 miles later... The second time I got lost I was way off course, the goal was Spring Lake and I ended up in Point Pleasant. Not the most bike friendly roads out there to go from one town to the other across the bridges.

It was a fun ride though, a little over 5 hours of riding on very flat roads and with very few vehicles on the route I chose (except on the unplanned bits). I ran out of water twice even with two bottles, splashing in the ocean afterward was awesome!

Cheers,

Maurice

J

Jerryg

Thanks for clearing things up Shaggz, living in Mass I only drop in when I know I am heading back home to NJ to ride so I was not in on the joke. I did not see John in action unfortunately.
If anyone here plans on coming up towards Boston I would gladly host a ride through my local trails in Lynn Woods.

Peace

D

DANSPANK

Lynn Woods is a great place - I only rode on one side, down by the powerlines where there are huge boulders but it was cool stuff!

J

Jerryg

The powerlines are fun but the real goods lie further in. Whatever your flavor is you can find it. I'll keep checking back to see if anyone decides to head up North.

Peace

ryderX

I rode out in Coburn PA. for a few hours this past weekend, and managed a quick 70 minute road ride on Monday.
;)

Top Bottom