So remember how I didn't like 29ers...

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Welcome to the dark side of the force...

star_wars_animations.jpg

You will make a powerful ally;)

-Jim.

Purple Liquid

Shop: Efinger
Shop Keep
Well I'm going to need to lighten up the load:
-Easton EC90 Bar/Stem
-Thompson Post
-Fizik Saddle (White with Ti Rails son!)
-XO twists
-X9 Rear cause my XO blew in half :rolleyes:
-XTR up front
-NOIR crank

blah blah blah

Purple Liquid

Shop: Efinger
Shop Keep
So the baby came, and boy... HAVE I BEEN MISSING OUT FOR YEARS!

29ers are absolutely the way to roll :getsome::getsome:

D

dzm3

some of us aren't tall enough to join your ranks so don't rub it in . . 650B 4 me next year?

Really? How tall are you? My GF (also Ellen) is 5'4" and rides small (15") Fisher Cobia and likes it a lot. Fits her perfect, size-wise. I had to rebuild the componentry to lighten the load (by 7 lbs) to make the bike a little closer to more enjoyable body-to-bike-weight ratio. ;)

Other than that, there are plenty small enough stock sizes/geometry 29ers now around to fit smaller riders.

dz

Panhead

Well I'm going to need to lighten up the load:
-Easton EC90 Bar/Stem
-Thompson Post
-Fizik Saddle (White with Ti Rails son!)
-XO twists
-X9 Rear cause my XO blew in half :rolleyes:
-XTR up front
-NOIR crank

blah blah blah

Make it really light by dropping the XO X9 stuff and 2 chain rings. Get a rigid fork and a 18 tooth cog.;)

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
It is pretty crazy how much the 29er thins is sticking. The prices are creeping down a bit and for most riders it just makes the most sense.

As of last week we are now selling 6 brands that sell 29er bikes. Nearly every bike over a grand that we sell ends up being a 29er.

That being said there is still room for 26" bikes. I really love my 26" dirtjumper on the pumptrack.

Stocky

It is pretty crazy how much the 29er thins is sticking. The prices are creeping down a bit and for most riders it just makes the most sense.

As of last week we are now selling 6 brands that sell 29er bikes. Nearly every bike over a grand that we sell ends up being a 29er.

That being said there is still room for 26" bikes. I really love my 26" dirtjumper on the pumptrack.

J,
I never got a chance to call ya and talk. I'm not even close to making a descision.
What brands of 29ers are you selling ?
Are you selling more front suspension or full suspension on the 29ers ?

I'm headed to PNC for a concert on a Friday in August, my buddy and I are gonna ride Hartshorne in the morning and I'm thinking we'll come up and see you after our ride. I'll make sure your working that day.

D

DANSPANK

And even if you find that Jay's quiver of 29ers don't match your exact tastes then bring him your frame and he'll build it up for ya! Full Suspension Intense Spider 29er - BOOYAAAA!!!!

Stocky

And even if you find that Jay's quiver of 29ers don't match your exact tastes then bring him your frame and he'll build it up for ya! Full Suspension Intense Spider 29er - BOOYAAAA!!!!

I'm new to the whole riding thing, been 3 months non stop. I'm riding a Trek 4300 I picke dup on Craigslist for $300.00
I'm ready and want something else and I think I wanna go 29.

So I wouldn't even know where to start as far as just geting a frame.

How does cost compare if you have it built compared to off the rack. I would think you would spend more to have it built because you're putting on "non stock" items that are better quality than off the rack parts.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
J,
I never got a chance to call ya and talk. I'm not even close to making a descision.
What brands of 29ers are you selling ?
Are you selling more front suspension or full suspension on the 29ers ?

I'm headed to PNC for a concert on a Friday in August, my buddy and I are gonna ride Hartshorne in the morning and I'm thinking we'll come up and see you after our ride. I'll make sure your working that day.

As of this morning I am selling 29ers from:

Niner
Salsa
Cannondale
Haro
Seven
Redline

I don't stock them all but I have built bikes from all these guys.

I just took on a LG Niner Rip 9 Demo that will be here next week. That will be my first complete Dual Sus 29er Demo that I have had.

We are and will continue to sell more Front sus 29ers than Dual sus.

Top Bottom