Snowboard Question

anrothar

entirely thrilled
cem, jdog, maybe you guys, or some of the other boarders/skiers here can answer this for me.

i'm doing some yard work at my parents house, and came across my old snowboard under one of the conifers in the front yard. last time i used it was before the world ended at y2k. top seems fine, bindings are good. edges are rusty but still sharp.

problem: the laminate on the bottom has lots of fine cracks in it. i can just barely feel them under the wax which is still amazingly there.

question(s): from a low$$, beater board perspective, is it salvagable? can i sand and relaminate the bottom myself for little money? is it possible that it's just the old wax that is cracking? i would like to get out there this year, but don't want to fork out the cash for a new board.

thanks!

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
sounds like old wax to me. if you want to ride it, bring it to AO and let them take a look to see if it's worth saving. if it's just been sitting, it should be fine. maybe a quick tune and you're good. it takes a hell of a lot to kill one of these things. that i do know.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
sounds good. i'll stop by there after work one day this week. how much does a tune usually cost on a board?

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
IIRC a basic tune is about $35...but don't you get the friends and family discount?

Top Bottom