Snowboard Binding Recomendations

don

I've been rocking the same old Burton El Habano bindings since a trip to BC in '03. Things are starting to shread and I've had some piece of the plastic break and need replacing.

I've been eyeing the Flow setups? In an issue of Eastern Edge Tim Humphrey's was saying how he could snake dudes at a rail jam cause he got in so quick.

Besides getting in an out quick, I was thinking the design would distribute the strap forces a little better. I noticed my feet will feel a bit of pain after a few runs and my boots are plenty comfy when I'm off the board.

If anyone has any time on them or know of anything else that works well please let me know. Thanks!

axcxnj

Hipster Keys
from my time working at a ski shop, alot of the guys there didnt like the flow bindings, theyre quick to get in but i think they lack in stiffness.

ive always liked burton bindings, i ride missions now, but i got mine the year before they changed the toe strap. the new(ish) toe strap design that pulls your foot into the back of the binding is pretty sweet. alot of companies run them though.

im not really a fan of the drake or ride bindings, the ratcheting mechanisms never worked that great for me, and i dont like their use of aluminum, ive bent a few of the aluminum heel brackets. the plastic on the burton bindings is very durable, and ive never had a problem with them.

im not a HUGE fan of the burton boards, though i own a fish...but i do really like their bindings.

just dont get a step in binding...ugh

MixMastaMM

Team Bulldog Rider
Knew someone that got Flows. Took 2 runs, went into the shop and bought a different brand of bindings on the spot. I would say get the Ride Rx, they are cheap, light while still being solid and stoopid comfy. This will be my 3rd season on the bindings and I have not had any problems with them.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Out of left field I will suggest a binding that no one else uses..

Nidecker Carbon.

Look em up.

I have 5 pairs and I love em.

j

Engignar

I use flow bindings and like em. I do wish they were a tick stiffer, but they are extremely comfortable over the boot. I need to add some ratcheting mechanisms to mine and I think the extra bit of tightness will make them feel stiffer.

I am always bored waiting for my friends to strap in at the top of the hill...

MTB Aussie

just dont get a step in binding...ugh
I got step ins when they were hot sellers (yeah, I'm old) and rode them for about 8 or more years until last season when they started to pop out every now and then. Good thing I had the leash on or the board would have dropped on peoples heads beneath the lift. They never released while riding, only when the board was hanging from my leg. I got a pair of Ride RX for this season since they were selling cheap on Whiskey Militia (the snowboard version of chainlove).

I have tried on a ton of boots and not found anything that floats the boat. Suggestions?

axcxnj

Hipster Keys
you are forgetting that we live in NJ...though i have ridden down the entire mounain not strapped in, you really need tons and tons of powder to experience riding like that to its fullest.

if i had snow like that near me, i would not have bindings...

so now i am not going to be able to concentrate for the rest of the day..ill be dreaming about pow pow....great

Eileen

I just ordered a pair of K2 Cinch bindings. The have the reclining high back like the flows but normal straps. I should have them just in time for the weekend so I'll let you know how they work out. IMHO it seems like the best of both worlds.

You guys got me dreaming about riding for the rest of the day!!!

FFT

Gay & Stuffy
I used to ride DEVICE bindings until loosing some hardware at Sunday River, since then it's been 100% Burton for the sole reason they 24 hour warantees and parts are available anywhere there is a lift. Flow look good, but I still rock Customs and a pair of rulers, set up on a CustomX, the most generic setup eva!!

I am usually not a fanboy of brands, but when it comes to snow - I guess I am.:eek:

don

Thanks for the replies. As much as I wanted to stay away from Burton this time, I might have to give them a look based on what some of you said.

I was thinking Rome bindings too as that's what I'm rocking for my board.

J - I'll check out those Nidecker's. I had a Nidecker with the Swiss Army Knife graphics years ago. Ended up breaking it but I remember the Nidecker rep was trying to hook me up with a replacement. Those bindings do look nice in the pics I've seen.

I wish I could demo a pair of Flow's like some of the shops demo boards. Seems like the main issue is how stiff they are.

MTB Aussie

I have tried on a ton of boots and not found anything that floats the boat. Suggestions?
Thanks fo' all the suggestions ;););)

I grabbed a pair of Ride Jackson BOA's today at Paragon sports in Manhattan. Real comfortable fit and cant beat the price ($179, although the $15 NY tax was the unpleasant surprise). I tried on the next model up, they were better, but not $100 better. Can't wait to see how they handle with a board attached.

MixMastaMM

Team Bulldog Rider

I grabbed a pair of Ride Jackson BOA's today at Paragon sports in Manhattan. Real comfortable fit and cant beat the price ($179, although the $15 NY tax was the unpleasant surprise). I tried on the next model up, they were better, but not $100 better. Can't wait to see how they handle with a board attached.

Welcome to 2008. Lets go ride now. :p

Flow Bindings

I've been riding Flows for 3 seasons and I really like them. Came from Burton step-ins, so the Flows felt much more responsive... Can't speak to their stiffness, but they DO feel super responsive, and they're comfy. I'm also too big and old for rails and jumps, so I mostly cruise (on a big, heavy Never Summer T5 Premier)... for that the Flows work just fine for me.

The only negative I've observed: Wiped out in some DEEP pow-pow, and tried to get out of the bindings... Not nearly to escape from as buckle bindings.

BB

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep

I haven't tried the BOA on snow yet but I do really like the way it works with bike shoes.

I have been eyeing these with the double boa system:

http://thirtytwo.com/boots/fall-2008/mens/focus-boa/

I need to get something quick. I haven't been on snow yet. This is my latest first day ever. Cross has kept me happy in a time of year that I am normally stir crazy.

J-Dro

I haven't tried the BOA on snow yet but I do really like the way it works with bike shoes.

I have been eyeing these with the double boa system:

http://thirtytwo.com/boots/fall-2008/mens/focus-boa/

I need to get something quick. I haven't been on snow yet. This is my latest first day ever. Cross has kept me happy in a time of year that I am normally stir crazy.

I have 4 seasons on my K2 boots with the BOA closure system. Super comfy, easy in/out. I would definitely buy 'em again.
icon14.gif

Top Bottom