Snow report/Ski location

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I want to get out on the XC skis tommorrow but need snow report for North Jersey and a suggestion of where to XC. Looks like snow is stopping in Cranford, was hoping to see snow totals of at least 3-4". Whats it like up north?

mtn_goat

Up here in West Milford, only about 3 inches so far. It is snowing very lightly right now, I don't think we will get what was originally forecasted.

The radar on the Weather Channel shows that it looks like it is breaking up over eastern Pa right now, and heading this way.

Not sure if it is enough to XC ski, but there was about an 1-2 inches of ice/snow on the ground here yesterday, so there could be up to 5 inches on the ground tomorrow.

jkmacman

Complete Nonsense
back in the day, i'd shoot for a county golf course when the snowfall was meak, some folks are heading up to high point, but i believe the path of this storm was originally more east, like long island and connecticut, i may still head up to shepheard lake, but last thursdays ice, who knows, i.m.h.o county golf course is best

county golf courses
  • Darlington
  • Orchard Hills
  • Overpeck
  • Rockleigh
  • Valley Brook
Directions to Darlington Golf Course

ROUTE 17 - Take Route 17 North to Route 202 South. Proceed past Ramapo College to Darlington Ave. and turn left. Follow to Campgaw Road and turn right. Travel 1.25 miles and turn left into the golf course before the Police and Fire Academy.
btw: garden state ski club has a group meeting at darlington golf course today (sunday 1.11) at 1 pm

Last edited:

jkmacman

Complete Nonsense
we had ice here, i was in the car with skis, but it was just too icey, so i grabbed a couple of donuts and went to the gym

happily enough i got to spin class, ran 5k and swam 1 hr.

vermont must be beautiful with all the good skiing

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
we had ice here, i was in the car with skis, but it was just too icey, so i grabbed a couple of donuts and went to the gym

Went to the local golf course this morn. to XC ski. About 2" of snow glassed over from sleet & rains after yesterdays snow. Conditions were fast! I covered alot of ground without much effort. The icey snow was a challenge but fun. The sound of my skis going over the crunchy snow was LOUD.

Catskills and points north got 7"+ from storm...lucky

Top Bottom