Snow Cruisin...

xc62701

Some of my most favorite rides are times like these. When the roads are horrible out its great to take out the SS mtb and go play on the roads. When most of the drivers are forced to crawl its fun to go out and slide all over the roads. I may just head out in about an hour or so to play.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
This soudns like a good idea. Must get out of office and ride bike...

Actually I think it's snow man time when I get home. My daughter is probably screaming at my wife about now.

xc62701

Do it! I love trying to bomb hills while the bike is trying to go sideways. I'll just have to make sure if I fall to protect the knees but it's usually a nice soft fall anyway.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
I'm waiting for my wife to get home and then I'm out on the bike!! I rode home Tuesday night in the snow and it was pretty awesome!!

-Jim.

Sircrashalot

Here in East Brunswick I wouldn't call what we are getting snow. It looks kind of like it, but when you touch it it turns to water. If it freezes tonight I will be able ot ice skate on my lawn tomorrow!

dualfisted

studs??????

The only stud around here is me, and that's got nothing to do with 2 x 4's. The only ride I can go on is a completely rainy washout ride. I'm bored too, but I'm getting paid for it!!!!!!

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
All this talk about studs, 2x4's, and wet-sloppy conditions is getting me excited:D

-Jim.

Timmyd

snow snow snow

God luck pedaling in northern Jersey:( Does anyone know if Hartshorn/Huber or Alaire have snow?

Stocky

Wife is sick and asleep , I just put my girls to bed , I'm headed down the street to my buddies house to shoot pool and drink some jack. I will be driving the 29'er FS for it's maiden snow ride.

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
When you say you're cruising around on your bike in this weather, I assume you're on snow covered roads that may or may not have been plowed down to an inch or three. Do you attack unplowed parking lots or fields with 6-8" of powder? Is it possible?

Are you riding in the snow to get from point A to B, to get mileage/bike time or is it about spinning 360's or some other trick riding I've never heard/dreamed about?

And when you have 8" dumped on a cross course the night before a race, do they plow it a bit, cancel the race or send you to trudge through the white and drifty snow?

gtluke

The Moped
I had a blast today (in my car)
old school awd evo + 4 snow tires + maniac = jumping through a 4 foot tall snow bank at wide open throttle :D
when I got home I had to move my hyundai and i Damn the retard that invented front wheel drove. worst way to propel a vehicle EVER. completly unsafe. DIE DIE DIE
why can't anyone make a rwd 4cyl beater car anymore :(

xc62701

When you say you're cruising around on your bike in this weather, I assume you're on snow covered roads that may or may not have been plowed down to an inch or three. Do you attack unplowed parking lots or fields with 6-8" of powder? Is it possible?

Are you riding in the snow to get from point A to B, to get mileage/bike time or is it about spinning 360's or some other trick riding I've never heard/dreamed about?

And when you have 8" dumped on a cross course the night before a race, do they plow it a bit, cancel the race or send you to trudge through the white and drifty snow?

Yea I cruise around on the plowed/unplowed/poorly plowed roads. I do cross deep parking lots and such and it's just fun to try and make it through. Equate it to riding through deep sand. It's just fun and helps you work on spinning circles or you won't be able to make it ;)

dualfisted

slopfest!!!!!

God luck pedaling in northern Jersey:( Does anyone know if Hartshorn/Huber or Alaire have snow?

Allaire barely saw a flurry, hard rain all day yesterday, pretty sure Hartshorne was pretty similar. It definitely hasn't had time or been cold enuff yet to be frozen.

Top Bottom