Snow at The Rock!

F

FallGirl1430

Hello all,

TP and I went to Washington Valley/Chimney Rock this afternoon just when the snow was falling. The trails were great, kinda hard to see some of the lines. I liked the blue trails, more climbing than the red. I know Tommy and I missed some sections. The blue trails also have some cool switch backs and more logs too. One day I'll get out there with someone who knows the area. So the first ride at WV/CR I have to give it two thumbs up. Fallgirl's trail rating ...7 :)

Christina ...

N

Neen

So it was your tracks I was following? Although it only looked like 1 rider to me...... Good day to be out, that's for sure.

T

tlnj

Wow, I want your lives. As I write this I'm suffering through massive bus delays at Port Authority.

N

Neen

Be careful what you wish for, unemployment isn't all it's cracked up to be! :eek:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Wow, I want your lives. As I write this I'm suffering through massive bus delays at Port Authority.

I bolt the city as soon as the markets close and man I got lucky. Train was about 6 minutes late getting me home. Turned on the radio and it was like mass chaos.

walter

Fourth Party
I bolt the city as soon as the markets close and man I got lucky. Train was about 6 minutes late getting me home. Turned on the radio and it was like mass chaos.

My commute was pretty crappy today as well. :D

All joking aside, Mrs. walter still isnt home

N

Neen

<<<BLASPHEMER!! :rofl:>>>

oh yeah, I mean it's great, all this leisure time I have and all. :rolleyes:

T

tlnj

Didn't mean to rip anyone. Just funny how we were in such divergent places--me, stuck in the ass crack of the universe and you, frolocking through the snow on sweet single track.

And yeah, I've got a job, but I still can't buy myself a 29er, so what's the point?

anrothar

entirely thrilled
the point would be: you need to get better at stealing. ;)

people were driving like it was their first time today. i know i've 'got an suv', but it was in 2 wheel drive the entire time. there was no reason for people to be going 25-30 mph on long, straight stretches of road. or 35mph on every descent on rt 15. :getsome:

F

FallGirl1430

Snow at the Rock

TLNJ,

Cheer up, there is always a bright side. I have been unemployed for a month now, good times are coming,
No worries :)
Christina ...

walter

Fourth Party
TLNJ,

Cheer up, there is always a bright side. I have been unemployed for a month now, good times are coming,
Christina ...

Seriously, I have been out of work just over a month myself and having a blast.

Well, besides the no riding and money stuff, but things will get better, if not, then I start stealing.

T

tlnj

TLNJ,

Christina ...

Hopefully good times are coming this weekend if the weather starts shaping up.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Man all this talk about being unemployed and traffic and snow and poop kinda makes me feel better about sitting on the trainer tonight!!

-Jim.

xc62701

the point would be: you need to get better at stealing. ;)

people were driving like it was their first time today. i know i've 'got an suv', but it was in 2 wheel drive the entire time. there was no reason for people to be going 25-30 mph on long, straight stretches of road. or 35mph on every descent on rt 15. :getsome:

Yea people aren't driving too smartly. I was driving home on snow covered 287 in the fast lane doing 70 in my front wheel drive neon. Grow some people... :D

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
It took two hours, fifteen min. to make it home from my last stop, (it showed as twenty seven min. on the GPS). After ten hours working outside, it was the perfect end to the perfect day,.....in HELL.:2guns:

VelocityBoy

"Sleeveless Joe"
Be careful what you wish for, unemployment isn't all it's cracked up to be! :eek:

Re-entering the rat race in 3 weeks after a 5 month "hiatus". The fall was GREAT...did some fantastic solo rides, 3-4x week which for me is alot. Although the winter is dragging, I'm not looking forward to working again.

N

Neen

Maybe we should start an "unemployment ride" a couple of times a week :p. If this rain would stop.....

Top Bottom