Slime Tubes

F

Fourtyfell

Has anyone had any experience with these slime tubes ?

I popped two tubes yesterday and went to sports authority ( because of how close it is) and picked these up.

Im just wondering if they work or if its a gimmick, I know the slime layer that you roll in the tire works quite well.

ray

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I used them before I went tubeless since I was riding at mecer a lot at the time. For thorns, they worked great but don't get crazy thinking you can run low pressure since they don't work on snake bites.

olegbabich

I had them on my 29. Had to walk home on my fifth ride. Go with STANS TIRE SEALENT in your tubes, you will not have any problems with STANS.

kush

they are probably 30% more effective. bit heavier. not a salvation. tubeless is way to go.

F

Fourtyfell

Im not really finding them as the cure all, but i was popping like 2 tubes a week. Lets see how these work.

gtluke

The Moped
definitely helped. i was using the slime light tubes for decreased weight and i didn't pop one for a year. i popped at least 4 regular tubes the months before i switched.

F

frankinnj

I use them on my bike, they are not a cure all but if you can't or don't want to go tubeless they are the next best thing.

The Kalmyk

I used them before I went tubeless since I was riding at mecer a lot at the time. For thorns, they worked great but don't get crazy thinking you can run low pressure since they don't work on snake bites.

Follow this posts advice...Spot on

F

Fourtyfell

Got a small hole in one of my tubes today, rotated the tube like they said and it filled with goo.

Had to reinflate, but still they do what they say they do.

Top Bottom