Slaying the Dragon - @Sterling

all_mt_clyde

Went out today to the power line with my son. Someone was nice enough to have re-stacked a few cairns. We fixed the rest. I also weed whacked the area and cleaned up the advance alternate line. It’s clear and ready to bomb. Oh, and we cleaned up a bunch of beer cans. Budweiser, Busch and that summer shandy crap. Figures the culprits are tasteless losers. 🤣

View attachment 166948
View attachment 166950
View attachment 166952
View attachment 166953
there‘s an ’advanced alternate bomber line?’ Where was/is this?

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
there‘s an ’advanced alternate bomber line?’ Where was/is this?
Counter clockwise - when you get to the top of the power line service road don’t veer right to cross the rock slab. Continue another 25’ on the road and look for an opening to your right. That’s the dragon’s tail. It will take you right into the big berm and back on to the trail.
:thumbsup:

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
Counter clockwise - when you get to the top of the power line service road don’t veer right to cross the rock slab. Continue another 25’ on the road and look for an opening to your right. That’s the dragon’s tail. It will take you right into the big berm and back on to the trail.
This
2EED08DC-ADB6-4B7A-824D-D83205777E54.png

Karate Monkey

I guarantee the next time I'm up there, I won't remember this.

vidkon

That looks like it’s worth climbing twice in my usual clockwise route. Thanks for the intel!
Did it yesterday -☑️! I think it's worth climbing twice ;). The Trail Boss rock roll is definitely more challenging, but the Dragon Tail is fun too.

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
Did it yesterday -☑️! I think it's worth climbing twice ;). The Trail Boss rock roll is definitely more challenging, but the Dragon Tail is fun too.
You climbed up the Dragon's Tail? 🤔 I'd like to see video of that.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Send in @JimN to climb the thing and eliminate the nobody from the discussion.....
Speaking of which, he has to come down to cush.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Send in @JimN to climb the thing and eliminate the nobody from the discussion.....

I'll take a look next time I'm up there, but it sounds doubtful. I know where the rock in question is, though I never knew there was a way to get to it to ride down it, and I definitely never looked at it to consider climbing it. I like trying dumb stuff, but not if there's a good chance of tumbling downhill backwards down a large rock.

Speaking of which, he has to come down to cush.

That one I bet I can do. Too bad it's not at someplace worth going to :p

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
Ahhh okay. I thought you guys were bragging that you could climb up that section and that it was so doable that you’d climb it twice. 🤭

I agree, it’s worth bombing down multiple times! :D

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Er, Uh, I'm guilty too.

This should not be in trail conditions. I may move all the posts to their own thread -
it is certainly a worthy thread.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions