Slan Agaibh!

anrothar

entirely thrilled
see you all in a couple of weeks. probably wont be able to post much, if at all, as i'll be enjoying the mtbing, language, sights, and microbrews of Ireland. have fun!

*waves goodbye.

seal%20waving.jpg

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Have a blast.

Take lots of pics.

The weather has to be better there than here.

This is getting silly.

j

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
see you all in a couple of weeks. probably wont be able to post much, if at all, as i'll be enjoying the mtbing, language, sights, and microbrews of Ireland. have fun!

*waves goodbye.

seal%20waving.jpg
I like that new look of yours, Sean.

Enjoy the trip!

mergs

Spokompton's Finest
JORBA.ORG
Sean... here's to a great trip brother! Looking forward to a recap! Slainte.

mergs

Spokompton's Finest
JORBA.ORG
anyone figure out what that means?

my attempt:

shaggz says: are you going to speak leprechaun when you return.

sean replies:
cen fath? nach thaitinn se leatsa, a shaggz? is ailinn i mar theanga

which means (I think)

what for? i disagree with you, shaggz. its a modern language (or "its my second language")

Shaggz

A strong 7
is it that innocuous? last time he slandered me in gaelic, he said i was wretched and smelled like old sole. or did a stripper say that tom him once - i get easily confused these days...

anrothar

entirely thrilled
na biodh imni ort, a shaggz, taim ar ais. :D

"cen fath? nach thaitinn se leatsa, a shaggz? is ailinn i mar theanga"

=

"why? don't you like it shaggz? it's a beautiful language"

anrothar

entirely thrilled
here's a brief selection. not all of the best, but there are somewhere between two and three hundred, so it'll take me a while to sort em out. if you are ever leaving the country, tell your bank/cc company ahead of time... especially if you'll be arriving at your destination at 2am eastern time, and will buy two things in the airport before you go to pick up your rental car, at which point you'll discover your card has been locked to prevent fraud and you have extreme difficulty getting ahold of your bank and the kiosk is out of intrntl calling cards so it costs you a euro per minute, and you're on hold for an hour.... trip was all uphill from there though. really great. excellent riding, though access-wise, it's sort of like here in the 80's. there's technically a ban on it in most places, but.... the mountains are much bigger than you would expect. they mostly start at or near sea level, so a 2500 ft mtn is a 2400 ft climb to the top. the terrain is very different. they have blanket bogs that cover some of the mountains. the forestry there is constantly being rotated(felling). lots of rough, rocky tracks. most of the purpose built singletrack is steep and tight/twisty. really fun stuff. there is riding everywhere. many they have waymarked long distance hiking routes, of which many sections are rideable and really fun. there are 'green roads', which are basically anything from an abandoned road/right of way to a dirt/gravel road. loads of riding and really quick riders in the dublin/wicklow mtns. despite the numbers, it's a really tight knit bunch of riders there. very friendly and welcoming. it's very club based too. in the republic, it seems most riders have joined or formed clubs, and have club races/rides on a very regular basis. i rode along in a two club race south of dublin on tuesday, and i think something like 30 people showed up for it. it was just a really informal, see how you're doing type thing, and they do it every week i think. i had been drinking till 5 am that morning though, and had three hours sleep. i fell off the bike multiple times, and my legs turned to jello on the first lap. had a blast though. i would recommend an mtb holiday there to anyone.

482178303_0396f6c0c0.jpg

482178295_7532425dc8.jpg

bit windy atop the sleive league.
482178309_11f0932ca0.jpg

482183539_820e48a55f.jpg

482183557_2156c4ee19.jpg

482183537_fbdc8f2cde.jpg

482183567_9440727471.jpg

482178329_c9ffe74d17.jpg

Top Bottom