Skyline Tuesday 5:30-5:45 pm

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
I am finally getting out mid-week. I will be riding Skyline tomorrow around 5:30pm (top of skyline)
Let me know if anybody wants to join. I will ride my SS, so chillin' pace.
Look for a Grey Escape with a Yellow Marin on the rack.

K

klutch

I am finally getting out mid-week. I will be riding Skyline tomorrow around 5:30pm (top of skyline)

I'm sure I can ride tomorrow too...

J

joanqs

the big lebowski

sweet reference

mergs

Spokompton's Finest
JORBA.ORG
consider me a definite maybe... only bc i might not be able to get out until 6ish.

in any case, blue subaru, titus, chubby middle aged fella. but don't wait around

J

joanqs

i am going to try to make this one too. i haven't ridden in ringwood lately. just keeping an eye out on the weather. black subaru

K

klutch

My apologies for missing this ride, yesterday at Ringwood my freewheel jumped ship and I'm waiting on a new one til Mon. or Tues. so we'll set up a ride for then.

J

joanqs

thought it was going to rain. didn't pack the bike. hope you all had a good one.

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
No prob, I waited for about 20 mins, foolin' around in the unmarked trails to the left of the parking lot. I figured no one was going to show so I went out to Cannonball + more. Had a good ride, everything was surprisingly dry, but as soon as I made it back to the car it started pouring!!

Anybody know what is the deal with the gated area by the re-routed cannonball? I've never seen a gate there before.

K

klutch

No prob, I waited for about 20 mins, foolin' around in the unmarked trails to the left of the parking lot. I figured no one was going to show so I went out to Cannonball + more. Had a good ride, everything was surprisingly dry, but as soon as I made it back to the car it started pouring!!

Anybody know what is the deal with the gated area by the re-routed cannonball? I've never seen a gate there before.

They have been doing some work back there. The other day there were some trucks and a frontend loader down the pipeline as we rode past. There is also some new trails by the upper lot my buddy took me on , they were fun a little tech but nothing too serious. Nice new trails.

mergs

Spokompton's Finest
JORBA.ORG

Sorry I missed the ride. I got stuck at work.

The gate was thrown up as a visual cue that the old eroded fall line trail (Cannonball) is reclaimed/closed and re-route made for your riding pleasure ;)

Most people love the re-route (which by the way is a quick left right before the gate) but some of the people who had been riding there for a long some continued to ride the old trail, even with the new trail available. So the gate, plus the reclaimation process (decompacting soil, throwing debris on top, etc) is meant to prevent folks from riding it and get folks onto the new trail.

You can't please everyone but I think most will love the reroute as its ridable in both directions now (even uphil) whereas the previous trail was not sustainable and eroding fast.

Enjoy the new trail.

Here's some light reading...

http://www.jorba.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=296
http://www.jorba.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=525
http://www.jorba.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=545

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
I do love the re-route!! I did it in both directions yesterday, although I do miss the old "staircase" entrance, I witnessed many crashes/endo's including some of mine :)

Top Bottom