skiing/snowboarding (downhill)

don

Zaskar - great report and pictures!

Your son will be (actually is!) a very solid skier being exposed to the conditions from this past weekend as I'm sure you know. As much as his skill level is increasing so is his snow conditions and terrain IQ which is the best asset a true east coast skier has!

olegbabich

This year has been up and down as far as conditions go.

As you remember last year we ended with Storm Stella, which broke many records and everybody had powder that weekend.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I ski mostly in Catskills at Hunter and Widham. Widham had a main chair lift failure in December, where after an hour ski patrol had to rope skiers off the lift.

2 weeks ago we had a a couple of good dumps and even local areas had "Powder" for a 2 weekends. Not as good as Adirondacks, but you had to actually float your tips to turn.

This was White Face - Lake Placid a couple of weeks ago.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last week Hunter's main lift was down for a couple of days. I always ski Hunter West, so no big deal.

Now it is 70F and this weekend is gonna rain. I think this is the end for local skiing, maybe 2 weeks max.

littlev21

I guess I missed the spring skiing season. wtf.

I got lake placid this weekend, killington march 17, and breck and vail March 31.

I'm worried.

(I know I'm getting soaked at whiteface this weekend)

olegbabich

It is over for me too, twisted my knee today. I hope that some rest and ice is all that will be needed. It is swollen and very sore. Will wait till tomorrow to see if I need professional help.

I got free to a good home 1 Hunter Mountain Lift Ticket Voucher (triple card with 1 day left) good any day for the rest of the season.
I will also include a $20 Voucher I got last week for Main Lift not working last week. $20 is good for everything at Hunter (Beers, Ice Cream, Lockers, Lift Tickets and so on)

Hunter is about 3 hours from Mid Jersey at exit 20 NY Thruway I-87.
Call dibs here and message me your address and I will get this out by Monday.

I will hopefully be ready in 3 weeks for some bike action in the woods ( peddal and gas) :)

SSmtbr

It is over for me too, twisted my knee today. I hope that some rest and ice is all that will be needed. It is swollen and very sore. Will wait till tomorrow to see if I need professional help.

I got free to a good home 1 Hunter Mountain Lift Ticket Voucher (triple card with 1 day left) good any day for the rest of the season.
I will also include a $20 Voucher I got last week for Main Lift not working last week. $20 is good for everything at Hunter (Beers, Ice Cream, Lockers, Lift Tickets and so on)

Hunter is about 3 hours from Mid Jersey at exit 20 NY Thruway I-87.
Call dibs here and message me your address and I will get this out by Monday.

I will hopefully be ready in 3 weeks for some bike action in the woods ( peddal and gas) :)

Pm incoming if not claimed yet. Sorry to hear about the knee and hope you recover quickly.

SSmtbr

I used to road trip a couple times to CO from Indiana back in my college days a few years back (14 hours to Silverthorne). Moved to NJ after grad school 5 years back and tried to ski every week throughout the Catskills and VT my first few seasons. Once I got a bit older I (moreso forced by my SO) finally sat down and did the math on how much skiing actually cost me and took a few years off and focused on quality vs quantity. This late in the game for me this year seems to be a bust but hopefully next season I'll look into some quality days on the slopes next year.

Zaskar

Heading to Killington this weekend with some neighborhood friends. There's a chance for some weather but it appears it going to be blocked and hit the Catskills. Weather.com is showing Winter Storm Watch for Hunter w/heavy wet snow with 4 to 7 w/localized amounts of up to 13".

Winter isn't over and fingers are crossed that it heads north into Vermont.

Reactions: don

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
at this rate, go night skiing until they kick you out.....find a bar/resturant and hang out until later....coming down hard here

Top Bottom