Ski helment for winter riding

ellbiddy

I picked up a new ski helmet as my old one got le pwnt on a tree (with me in it hahah) giro g10 mx, it's so warm and comfy that I was thinking maybe I'd wear it when I bike in the really cold weather. Anyone ever do something like this? I'm not sure if there are any specs ski helmets have to meet, but I'd assume they're at least as safe as a run of the mill bike helmet.

6062527.jpg

It's like a 3/4 version of my regular helmet...maybe it'd work :confused:

xc62701

I have the same helmet for skiing and it's really warm plus I've got the headphone kit with it too. I think it'll be good for skiing and too warm for biking. I know at least my head creates a LOT of heat. I'd be dying in that thing.

Frank

Sasquatch
On really cold days I have used a ski helmet with a gaiter rather than a balaclava. The fact that a ski helmet covers your ears so well is a definite plus.

ellbiddy

Maybe it'd be nice in like 20 degree weather, the only thing that'd keep my bikes in the stable is rain. I fear no snow! :getsome: And it's such a comfy helmet I almost want to walk around in it at home haha

xc62701

On really cold days I have used a ski helmet with a gaiter rather than a balaclava. The fact that a ski helmet covers your ears so well is a definite plus.

That's why you find a thin winter hat and it's all good. Plus you can take it off if you get overheated.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
only on the COLDEST days have i done that. usually there's snow on the ground and i purposely crash a lot. :D

Top Bottom