Skate Parks

THATmanMANNY

I've been riding pass the NYC Upperwest side defunct skate park for a few years thinking that they probably shut it down and it will never be resurrected. Then construction started the pass month or so. Looks good and Excited! I'll even take a half days to skate (I suck) and then go home. Looks good!

I've been meaning to check out the Princeton skate park (bunn road) for years too. I just like to ride my board and stick to the ground. ha

Riverside Park 109th Street Skate Park Reconstruction Schematic_20170321_M.jpg

one piece crank

Any other bike friendly parks in the vacinity of Hunterdon/Mercer Counties? I'm planning a Winter refurbishment for my old school 20-inch....

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Any other bike friendly parks in the vacinity of Hunterdon/Mercer Counties? I'm planning a Winter refurbishment for my old school 20-inch....
There are a bunch of those pre-fab place but many or "no bikes" but also, no one is there to enforce. Bike friendly ones are:

West Windsor
Veterans Park (Hamilton)
Hillsborough

02camaro

there is one at Kennedy park in sayreville if you are ever over that way. right off the GSP.

one piece crank

I wonder if you can ride on the dog agility obstacles (Veterans Park - Hamilton) ???

There is a nice skate park at Veterans Park (Bayville, NJ) too.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
They opened a cool little concrete park in Neptune earlier this year. It has a plaza section and a small bowl, but "Skateboards Only" on the sign.

I live about 15 minutes away, and was able to session it once, before the signs went up. I'm waiting to hear about bmx-ers getting in there without being hassled, but so far there's no word.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
They opened a cool little concrete park in Neptune earlier this year. It has a plaza section and a small bowl, but "Skateboards Only" on the sign.

I live about 15 minutes away, and was able to session it once, before the signs went up. I'm waiting to hear about bmx-ers getting in there without being hassled, but so far there's no word.
There is that new one in brick too, no idea of the signage:

https://www.5thpocketskateparks.com/brick-skatepark

brick+5.jpg

Looks like they jammed a lot in a small space

Ian F

I wish we could get more pump tracks like the one at Port Jervis. Skate parks are fun, but tend to be limited for bikes unless you're into doing flatland tricks and other street style riding.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
here is that new one in brick too, no idea of the signage:
Brick is "Skateboards Only" as well.

I've talked to a few bmx guys that have sessioned there, but apparently there's a skateboarder who will literally call the cops when people show up on bikes.

I've also heard it's not great for bikes, given how tight it is.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Brick is "Skateboards Only" as well.

I've talked to a few bmx guys that have sessioned there, but apparently there's a skateboarder who will literally call the cops when people show up on bikes.

I've also heard it's not great for bikes, given how tight it is.
Bummer, skaters can get cray..

It would seem the only way you could session it is if no one is there. One grom rolling around and it would kill every line.

mtbiker87

I wish we could get more pump tracks like the one at Port Jervis. Skate parks are fun, but tend to be limited for bikes unless you're into doing flatland tricks and other street style riding.
There's talk of Vernon putting one in. Town is back and forth about it, but we'll see what happens after our November election, as a few of the mayoral candidates have expressed interest in economic tourism expansion, such as multi use trails from Creek to the AT, and getting behind the pump track idea. We'll see. Also heard from one the folks up at PJ that there is talk about putting in a concrete bowl, skate park on that empty lot next to the pump track.

THATmanMANNY

I'm trying to buy a budget skateboard for my nephew bday. WTH no one carries a cheap ass skateboard anymore? It's all things that look like skateboards with attachment things and e boards. Damn kids these days do no appreciate #basic

Reactions: don
Top Bottom