Six Mile Trail Conditions

Mike679

Anyone know what the trails are looking like? Was thinking of heading there this afternoon from work, but will probably head elsewhere if things are a mess.

Thanks.

Mike

smufguy

Anyone know what the trails are looking like? Was thinking of heading there this afternoon from work, but will probably head elsewhere if things are a mess.

Thanks.

Mike

Two Sundays ago, I went there in the afternoon and it was a mess. I took the Red trail that is converted to a Bike trail and man it was just a disaster. I Probably went about a mile and a half and then returned back and biked on middlebush. Given the conditions at EP yesterday, I would say its still pretty muddy.

tonyride

Don't piss off the red guy
Probably should give that place, and many others around NJ, a little while before tearing it up.

Spylab

Rode from Canal to 27 and back on Sunday via Blue and Red, with a short detour onto yellow (I think - it was our first ride at 6 Mile).

80% of the trail was just about perfect. Tacky with no sink an loads of fun. What we believe was the yellow trail (cut to the right off blue from a field) was disastrous - mud up to the hubs. There were a batch of other spots with some thick ass mud, but in m our defense these areas were WELL rutted by what must have been dozens of previous riders.

Overall it was still a really good time, though the bikes (and use) were completely covered in mud and muck by the end, and the pace was slowed quite a bit.

If this week holds out for the most part, that run will be dynamite this weekend...

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
I honestly heard from 2 good sources that the trails are in very goo shape.

Give it a shot.

Wobbegong

Just what we needed, more rain..... :mad:

I was planning to ride with the freewheelers tonight, but the rain came down once again on my way home from work...

This past month has been tough.

Top Bottom