Six Mile TM - Sunday September 14th - Roll Call

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
:)I am trying to get a head count for next Sunday's Trail Build day.

We will be meeting on South Middlebush where the trail crosses the road.

I have permission and the key for the gate to park cars at the house there.

A head count will be helpful as I need to orgaize equipment this week.

We will meet at 9am. We will work till we fall over.

This will be a pretty serious build out since there is no existing trail. This will be a fresh cut.

Many hands will make for lighter work.

You will need:

Long pants, Work gloves, Water, food, etc. Wear clothing that you don't care about. Bug spray might not hurt.

I will also be flagging the route this week in the AM if anyone wants a preview or would like to add to the layout / design.

I am encouraging people who ride 6 mile to come out and give back a little trail love.. This is especially true if you have never been to a TM day before.

I am hoping to have a few TM veterans on hand to lead smaller groups. Our last turnout was near 50 so a few leaders would be super.

SO.. Who is coming?

Can you note:

-If you need tools

-Have you been to a TM day before?

Questions, Comments..etc??

ellbiddy

:)I am trying to get a head count for next Sunday's Trail Build day.

We will be meeting on South Middlebush where the trail crosses the road.

I have permission and the key for the gate to park cars at the house there.

A head count will be helpful as I need to orgaize equipment this week.

We will meet at 9am. We will work till we fall over.

This will be a pretty serious build out since there is no existing trail. This will be a fresh cut.

Many hands will make for lighter work.

You will need:

Long pants, Work gloves, Water, food, etc. Wear clothing that you don't care about. Bug spray might not hurt.

I will also be flagging the route this week in the AM if anyone wants a preview or would like to add to the layout / design.

I am encouraging people who ride 6 mile to come out and give back a little trail love.. This is especially true if you have never been to a TM day before.

I am hoping to have a few TM veterans on hand to lead smaller groups. Our last turnout was near 50 so a few leaders would be super.

SO.. Who is coming?

Can you note:

-If you need tools

-Have you been to a TM day before?

Questions, Comments..etc??

I'm overdue for a TM day, I've kept missing the ones before, but with school in session I should be all set for a weekend. It's my first TM day and I'll probably need tools, I have a pick axe I could bring assuming I can find the silly thing.

walter

Fourth Party
I am going to say that I will probably be a no show. My only excuse is that THAT DAY is my daughters bday and we are hosting 2 parties at my house. I will see what I can swing with mrs walter but best I can do is maybe show up for an hour or two.:(

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
J, JORBA fest is the 13th, so I am not 100% sure I can make the TM. I can however lend you the MCPS chapter trail tools if needed.

T

thelmuffinman

Never been to a TM but I'll come help out. What tools are we talking about, I have a chainsaw and shovel lol.

RyanW

J,

I should be there. I was at the last TM and should be able to scrounge up some tools.

THATmanMANNY

I'll be there.

First TM.

I have full size steel shovel and rake. Will those help?

What day and time are you doing the flagging in the AM?

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
I'll be there +2. I do not have tools, but I may be able to dig up certain things.

MikeG

I'm in...

I will be there. I will need to borrow tools and I have not done TM before. I will work hard without complaining.

jimmysnukastyle

Six Mile

Will definitely try - will let you know as soon as I know. I have to get that stop sign for the crossing out of the ground still - maybe I can do that too.

Check this out: there's a civil war reenactment at that renovated house on the hill where South Middlebush meets Blackwells Mills. Maybe they can help guerilla style!

JSS

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
no tools - planning on being there. as long as nothing blows up with little clark, i'll be there.

jdog

Shop Keep
It looks like we will have lots of help.

I went out tonight to finish pre marking the new route.

Unfortunately someone pulled down the 100+ trail markers I put up a few moths back.

It might have a lot to do with the 1/2 dozen totally illegal hunting stands that I saw out there.

I called my contact at the Park and she said that they would head out in the AM and confiscate all the illegal stands. The park does not allow any fixed hunting stands BTW..

Anyway I am not going to bother marking again since I have walked the section a bunch of times and I will just wing it on Sunday.

I am pretty sure that we will see some heavy resistance from the hunting community in this area. Just keep your head on as the 2 guys I saw out there today were pretty drunk.

When I asked them about the stand they were putting up the one guy said.. "it's not mine". I told him that it shouldn't bug him when the park removes it tomorrow then.

Ah yeah. Drunk dudes with weapons. Nice.

J_

zmuda44

Sure, I'm in, it's my first time on a trail build day.

Also, like most people I see posting, sorry but I don't do any yard work, so I have no tools.

Not sure if anyone mentioned this in a post already, but one of the bridges was washed away on the canal side near the river crossing that you can't ride around.

jdog

Shop Keep
Sure, I'm in, it's my first time on a trail build day.

Also, like most people I see posting, sorry but I don't do any yard work, so I have no tools.

Not sure if anyone mentioned this in a post already, but one of the bridges was washed away on the canal side near the river crossing that you can't ride around.

Which Bridge??

J_

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions