Six Mile TM - Sunday September 14th - Roll Call

H

HooKoo-Ru

I'm in until noon-ish

jdog, I and at least another buddy of mine are excited to join since this is our first TM day that we can attend, though I can only stay until just before noon to catch a church service at 12:30... Unfortunately, I don't think my yard tools would be up to the task, them being old and "cheapo" :) But please let us know what else is needed and we'll see what we can bring...

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
ill be dropping off a crap load of wood today at halters. ill also try and drag some tools from the neighbors :)

Red141

Long time lurker, first time poster. I'll be there as well to help until noon or so.

I have the following tools:
- shovel
- scraper edger shank
- hedge shears

Quick question, should we bring our bikes?

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Long time lurker, first time poster. I'll be there as well to help until noon or so.

I have the following tools:
- shovel
- scraper edger shank
- hedge shears

Quick question, should we bring our bikes?

Just to clarify..

We won't really need bikes. We might want some one to test ride some sections but someone always shows up by bike.

We are going to be cutting through a wooded section and possibly through a young cedar section (like the one to the east of S middlebush).

We will have a chain saw crew at the front that will take out the low lying branches. Behind that will be a few guys taking out the remaning branches and dragging them off the trail.

Behind that we will rake or bench cut the trail tread such that it is really obvious. In some sections we will need to do some earth moving for sure.

A heavy garden rake is useful. In a few sections will will be cutting through some tall grass and maybe some prickers.

A few guys with good weedwackers might be nice? PM me if you have one.

I hope to have a good handful of trail tools but if you bring a few tools and they never leave your car that is fine.

Watch this clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akebkRuG56k

There are a few other useful clip on You tube as well.

jdog

Shop Keep
jdog, I and at least another buddy of mine are excited to join since this is our first TM day that we can attend, though I can only stay until just before noon to catch a church service at 12:30... Unfortunately, I don't think my yard tools would be up to the task, them being old and "cheapo" :) But please let us know what else is needed and we'll see what we can bring...

You can please the Mt bike gods in the morning. Isn't that enough??

N

NJCorky

I'm in...

I'll be there with tools! But I can only go until around 1 or 2ish (so far).

jdog

Shop Keep
If someone can bring a Wheelbarrow or gardenway Cart it would be helpful to carry stuff out into the woods.

J_

Grampaaah

I will be there as long as the wifey does not go into labor, she is due any day now so that might also keep my time short. I have some tools and might be able to bring a friend.

jdog

Shop Keep
I will be there as long as the wifey does not go into labor, she is due any day now so that might also keep my time short. I have some tools and might be able to bring a friend.

She can come to.

My Step-Mom is a midwife. I have seen it done a bunch of times.

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
this is funny about SM TM sessions - i was in the same boat with my wife about to pop with little clark during a TM last year... and i think there was another person talking about it a little while ago.

must be something in the dirt there - six mile makes babies?

:hmmm:

Grampaaah

Ya she is pretty good with a chainsaw, but I don't want to slow down the progress with any child birthing. worst comes to worst I'll meet everyone at the next TM day

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
jay, i can be at the shop at 6ish to swap trucks to get more wood. if you need to ill leave my keys for my rig. i should be back before you have to close the shop.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions