Six Mile Run "The Long Way" Group Ride. Sunday, August 3rd @ 8:00am

Wobbegong

Sunday, August 3rd @ 8:00am. Kingston, NJ D&R Canal Parking area, Rt. 27 North Bound Side.

Come and ride the Six Mile loop the long way. We'll be heading out from the D&R Canal parking area in Kingston, NJ. Riding up the Canal path, including the short section of the Silver Maple Singletrack Trail, to Six Mile Run for a loop of the park and back down to Kingston on the Canal Path.

The ride along the D&R Canal will be approx. 8 miles each way, plus an approx. 12 mile loop of Six Mile Run, giving a total of around 28 flat miles of riding. The pace will be adjusted to the group with no one being dropped. My plan is for a steady intermediate social effort, certainly not a hammerfest.

The Parking area is directly off Rt. 27 on the north bound side in Kingston. You can see it as a tiny dead end spur off Rt. 27 on this map. Its across from the Rider Furniture store.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=40.373833,-74.617982&spn=0.009743,0.016479&z=16

Hope to see you there at 8:00 am.

Jason P.

THATmanMANNY

EPIC but did you know 8am is earlier than I have to get to work??? That's an issue. :drooling:

No definate yes, but I would like to come. Depends on if I get up and whether or not I'm too burnt from the CR ride sat. morn.

MORE PEOPLE JOIN JOIN JOIN ON THIS EPICNESS!

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
I'm Out

J,

I'd love to join this ride, but it looks like Sat. is going to be my ride day. :( I think I'll be joining the group ride at CR.

Have a good time and don't scare too many families on the tow path. :D

Tim

THATmanMANNY

I enjoyed very muchy.

One of the longest rides i've been on off road. I biked from my house at 8:15am and met the group on the canal path. I didn't get home till 11:45am. It was about a 3 hr 10 min ride (that is not including my wait time). We kept a good relaxed pace, hit all the sections except for the red, and everyone was a trooper cause we only really stopped like once! A+++

Attachments

• 6 Mile 008.jpg
    6 Mile 008.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 96

THATmanMANNY

Thanks to Mare45 I now know how to resize pics. HOLLER! Duh... of course MS has an image editor. I knew that.... no not really.

Here are pics of me candidly waiting for them at the canal. AND YES IT WAS AUTO-TIMER'ed cause I had nothing to do for 20 min. And I thought the shadow one is rad.

Attachments

• 6 Mile 006.jpg
    6 Mile 006.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 91
  • 6 Mile 004.jpg
    6 Mile 004.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 90
Top Bottom