Six mile run S. MIDDLEBUSH rd signage

allygadget

So I've been going to somerset county freeholders meetings. Yesterday I was made aware from the Franklin twp. mayor that S. MIDDLEBUSH rd is county owned. I hate that crossing and asked how we could get at least some signage or something prior to the crossing for cars as a heads up.

The board seems receptive and I had a conversation with the county engineer and another department. I'm not sure if it will happen or when BUT I will let you all know when it comes up for a vote just in case we need bodies to show up in support of the motion.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
An official crosswalk would require cars to stop by state law, correct? Is that over-reaching past just signage?

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Thank you!

I never looked, but can the trail be routed under the bridge when dryer conditions prevail?

---

I'd have to look, but from memory some of the trail crossings for the CT have crosswalks, some don't.
the one in long valley has signed near the parking lot to stop - but that is a 25mph zone in town.

it would be great just to have

1563982527911.png

as a nice start.

then

1563982563860.png

There is one in florida on a 40mph road with the lights that tell the cars to stop - and the path has stop signs too.

https://goo.gl/maps/yns1fUnmd2drZHc6A

Dingo

Battle Ground state park has a pedestrian crossing with a light. You push the button and the light turns red. I have never seen anyone use it. This would be perfect for 6 mile.

ekuhn

This is a great effort. Not for just asking the question, but having the patience to go to those meetings.

I dont know if there are any laws on design with a cross walk on a 45MPH road. There are trail signs there which do indicate trails on both sides. The solar powered flashing lights are nice and would def draw attention.

1563985845126.png

Last year someone stopped for me and almost got rear ended in the process. The crossing is in a shitty spot. In the valley with traffic coming down from both directions.

I wanted to trim back this area for sight distance, but haven't gotten there yet.

allygadget

I love all of this and these are freaking great examples to show them. An online petition would be a great addition just to show support. Otherwise I just look like a complaining Karen and nothing is likely to happen. I've never started a petition. How does one do that?

The meeting are actually short, slightly interesting and the committee people ate pretty nice. Outside of the union county meetings, most of these meetings are just dry and boring. I go for the facetime and familiarity with these people so when I do speak up they actually listen and take it with a grain of salt. Two 30ish meetings a month located only a 10 minute drive away is worth it.

If I am going to bitch about something might as well make it worth it haha

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions