Six Mile Run Fathers Day "Clip and Ride" Sunday June 15th at 9:00 am. Canal Road Lot

Wobbegong

I'd like to thank Tim Koch, Tom Brunotte and Alex Kochetov for coming out and lending a hand Sunday morning. We were able to clear the way from the start of the Singletrack on the Canal side all the way to the 1st section of double track along the farm field. "Spencer the Kalmyk" and "van dbt river" also lended a hand by getting some sections clipped on the Rt. 27 side during their ride. 14 hours of work were given to the trails. Conditions on the trail were good, except for some mud in the usual low spots and a few slippery logs and roots.

Thanks again for the help.

Jason P.

TommyCrash

Even though it was work, it was still fun. As I was riding out, I couldn't believe the amount of trail we clipped back. Slowly cutting with hand pruners you don't realize the amount of distance covered. On the plus side, a day later and no PI. Watch me start itching now. Thanks for the company. I hope we saved some tubes:)

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Good stuff..

I had planned on joining you guys but my life caught up to me yesterday.

Thanks!

J_

Madness

Thank's guys for putting in the time and effort to keep 6 mile one of the best trail systems around. I will def be there the next time as long as nothing else comes up. I would really like to help since I ride the place a lot.

Looking forward to see what craziness you have in mind for the new section J-Dog. I know it will be fun..........

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
Even though it was work, it was still fun. As I was riding out, I couldn't believe the amount of trail we clipped back. Slowly cutting with hand pruners you don't realize the amount of distance covered. On the plus side, a day later and no PI. Watch me start itching now. Thanks for the company. I hope we saved some tubes:)

Tom,

Don't celebrate too soon, my left eye is closing up as we speak :mad:. I must have rubbed it during the day. I washed my hands, arms and legs with Technu and didn't get any it anywhere else yet. I'm hoping it isn't that bad, but I might be riding on Wednesday with one eye :mad2:.

Just a note to everyone who rides 6M, Poison Ivy is EVERYWHERE right off the trails, If you are allergic, take precautions :getsome:.

Still a good day, hope it saves some trail rash and flats for everyone.

Tim

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Just a note to everyone who rides 6M, Poison Ivy is EVERYWHERE right off the trails, If you are allergic, take precautions :getsome:.

you aren't kidding about this one. my first post-baby ride i went to six mile (it wasn't too long ago). in one of the twisty spots i was cruising a little too fast while doing a little ride-day dreaming and caught my handlebars on a tree. i went over the bars, landed a bit off trail. i took out a serious amount of poison ivy plants - even broke a few open... i knew i was screwed. i ended up having it on my ankles, thigh, waist, and a royal case of it on my forearm... its finally all cleared up.

dirty bert

Banned
Double the Fun!

you aren't kidding about this one. my first post-baby ride i went to six mile (it wasn't too long ago). in one of the twisty spots i was cruising a little too fast while doing a little ride-day dreaming and caught my handlebars on a tree. i went over the bars, landed a bit off trail. i took out a serious amount of poison ivy plants - even broke a few open... i knew i was screwed. i ended up having it on my ankles, thigh, waist, and a royal case of it on my forearm... its finally all cleared up.

no doubt... i got PO and stung on the back of the knee from a yellow jack.

double allergic.

double the fun!

~db

TommyCrash

Serves me right!

What......actually.....WTF!!!! I have to wait almost three days to find out I have F-in F F F F F F-in Poison Ivy!! :mad: I showered like a madman when I got home. Then went swimming later that day for hours. Showered again and everyday since. Washed my clothes immediately when I got home. At first I thought it was just a little itch on my leg. Total Denial! I'm actually a fool for thinking I wasn't going to get it while I was pruning and staring at it the whole time. 'I'll be careful, I won't step over there, I know what it looks like, I have gloves on, I'll shower as soon as I get home.' F-in Moron I am! Tonight at work I found the little bump trail on my leg that itched and I knew I was F-d. Now on the other leg. As long as I don't get it in between fingers and toes and of course the twig and berries, I'll deal. I've had it before and it won't be the last. Good thing I got my Fathers Day present the night before:rolleyes: Time to get the gasoline rags out!
Be careful of the eye Tim. Sorry to hear you got it also. Serves me right for saying I was in the clear yesterday!

Wobbegong

Sorry to hear you guys are getting the rash.:mad: I think I'm past the stuff now, I've had a few good cases of it this year and dont seem to get it anymore. I got it pretty bad this winter working with Jdog. I think it was the vines we were cutting, its hard to tell when the plant has no leaves.

Hey Tommycrash, stay away from the gas rags, you dont want to read a gasoline MSDS. Once the evil ivy oil is in your skin, your done anyway. I read an article about the stuff that said once the oil is in the skin, it wont leave until the skin flakes naturally, and the rash sometimes doesn't start until 3 or 4 days after exposure. Thats why people think you can spread the stuff from the ooozzzzing juices.

I think Tim may only have one eye at this point, but he is still riding tonight. I love that kind of additude.:getsome:

TommyCrash

It's all good and working was worth the itch. When it does get time to scratch the itch, when I just can't pretend it will go away, scratching PI itch is.....dare I say...almost..... orgasmic?!

TommyCrash

And you all don't pretend not to know what I'm talking about! (My wife, whose a teacher, would kick my ass if she knew I just wrote that sentence)

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
i totally agree on the itching thing - actually, my favorite thing for satiating the itching is to run really really hot water the infected area. i swear i was like a dog getting its belly scratched when i would run hot water over my elbow (the worse area i had it). i almost started kicking my leg over and over and over.

i had stuff pop up as late as 4 days after contact... i read somewhere on webmd that you have 10 minutes to wash the oil off before it takes hold... and it can show as late as 8 days after contact.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions