Six Mile on Friday

Wobbegong

Anyone up for a ride at Six Mile Friday? I'm planning on riding at 5:00, but can go earlier. "Proper equipment" required for a 5:00 start.

C.Puncher

No chance on friday, BUTT, Wed. nite @7:30 you'll find a few of us embarking on a spirited journey.............Mexican afterwards if time permits!

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
I'm in for Friday. Woo hoo, finally get to trail test my "equipment" ;) . Probably won't be able to make it much earlier than 5:00. Let me know if the plans change.

VanDbtRiver

Anyone up for a ride at Six Mile Friday? I'm planning on riding at 5:00, but can go earlier. "Proper equipment" required for a 5:00 start.

i need lights, what do ya suggest. ive been on pricepoint, but i dont know what the best set up is for the money. if i can figure out soon i'll be there.

Wobbegong

What kinda pace/ how long of a ride? My 'equipment' is only good for about 1.5- 1.75 hours

Pace will be intermediate, no one dropped, no man left behind. We'll adjust to the group. You'll be fine with that burn time. All are welcome to ride. Hope you can make it. Burito's/taco's after the ride next door at "La Casa".

VanDbtRiver

i went today, everything was fine until that bridgeless stream crossing. i was wishing i had booties. nothing like ordering mexican food with numb muddy feet

J-Dro

i went today, everything was fine until that bridgeless stream crossing. i was wishing i had booties. nothing like ordering mexican food with numb muddy feet

Last week one of the guys in our group pulled an unbelievable maneuver through that creek crossing. He unclipped one leg and lifted his foot high enough to stay dry. Then with the other foot clipped in, he kept that foot at the top of the pedal stroke and pumped back and forth which gave him just enough power to get through the water. Both feet were 100% dry. Wouldn't have believed it if I didn't see it for myself.

VanDbtRiver

What are you looking to spend? I know J from Halter's showed me some nice LEDs in the $160 range I think. If you really want to go cheap you can check out this thread:

http://www.mtbnj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3744

That's what I'll be running :D .

i think i might visit J at this point. i was at depot last night trying to hook up a landscaping light to a DeWalt battery, to no avail. i'd really like to engineer my own and compare stats but for now its more important to get the ride in

Wobbegong

Awesome ride, good tacos & beer!!! If I did this right here is the motionbased link to the ride.

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/invitation/email/accept.mb?senderPk.pkValue=171661&unitSystemPkValue=2&episodePk.pkValue=4390977

Last night was fun. A litle snow mixed in keeps it interesting for sure.
Tim's home brew light was fantastic, works like a charm! Now he needs to do a helmet mount light...

The motion based info is interesting, it matches my cateye very close for distance, but avg. speed is lower (i think I had 8.6, I already reset it) and the elevation looks suspect. Very cool to see the route on a map. Good stuff.

Top Bottom