Sitka, Alaska?

rick81721

Lothar
Bring a sidearm. Big one.

200 (3).gif

Bear attacks on cyclists are extremely rare - even in Alaska. I will carry bear spray tho, and so will my son who will be hiking.

pygmypony

Going to be there from aug 4 to the 14th for a family fishing trip so just reserved 2 days of mountain bike rentals at the only shop there. Anyone ever ride the trails??
following this thread...my daughter is working at a camp there this summer (June & July) hoping to visit her at some point - specific dates TBD

rick81721

Lothar
finally booked our trip for Jul 12-16. did you rent bikes through these guys? seem to be the only shop in town...

So did you do any riding there? I have a mtb reserved from yellow jersey for the day on Aug 10. Arriving Aug 4 for fishing first which starts on the 6th. Did you see any trails? Looks like a pretty small place and can ride to trails from the bike shop.

pygmypony

So did you do any riding there? I have a mtb reserved from yellow jersey for the day on Aug 10. Arriving Aug 4 for fishing first which starts on the 6th. Did you see any trails? Looks like a pretty small place and can ride to trails from the bike shop.
no riding. got in one day of kayaking and then got slammed by COVID....spent the last three days of our trip in bed

Top Bottom