Site n00b - Hello from Cranberry Lake

N

New World Man

I'm an upstate NY native,(Norwich), who moved to Cranberry Lake, NJ over a year ago. What brought me here you ask, what makes any single man relocate. :D
I was an avid BMXer growing up, there wasn't many days in the year when I wasn't trying to injure myself riding as a youth.
I got back into biking after being told about all the great riding right here in northern Jersey, I'm 1 mile from the Waving Willie's trailhead in Allamuchy.
Now that Winter is here I dusted off my old 1992 Haro rigid and have been exploring the rail trails. I hope to make the ride over to the Gap and down to the Statue of Liberty on this very cool network of trails.

CycleWorks have been nothing short of fantastic with all their helpful info and repairs, this place is GREAT!

sixseven

Welcome. Rush fan here too. I saw your pictures and posts over on that other bike site...real nice travels! Welcome again. Roll the bones....

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hi, welcome.

There is unrest in Switzerland.
There is trouble with the cheese.
For the cheddar wants more flavor.
And the Swiss ignore their pleas.

Something we came up with in high school, highly not sober. Funny I still remember that.

My first concert was Rush, maybe 1982 or thereabouts, at the Spectrum in Philly. Blue Oyster Cult opened for them. Don't fear the reaper, baby :getsome:

I've got a fever, and the only prescription... is more cowbell!

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
200px-R30_Live_In_Frankfurt.jpg

at Radio City Music Hall...one of the best concerts EVAH! :getsome:

Welcome.

Frank

Sasquatch
I've never felt closer to you guys...sniff sniff

saw them 3 times....I just don't remember when.:eek:

Last edited:
N

New World Man

Rush was one of my first concerts, 82 or 83 in Binghamton, NY.
I've since seen them about 30 times and the most recent time was at Red Rocks.

Thanks for the welcome and thanks for the kind words about the blog sixseven.

BiknBen

I became a Rush fan during High School listening to Hold Your Fire and Presto. I know...sacriledge to you die hard Rush fans. I never cared for the old stuff.

Oh yeah...welcome to mtbnj. ;)

Frank

Sasquatch
I know...sacriledge to you die hard Rush fans. I never cared for the old stuff.

I'll admit I haven't listened to the newest stuff, but I like all Rush, even Presto and Hold your fire...hell I think my favorite is still Signals.

taylor810

NORWICH??????
Where the smell of Cow Manure is ever present. ahhhhhh…… Have you ever been to the "Brown Beaver"???? I've spent a lot of time over the years in Chenango county specifically McDoungh. As hilly and rugged as it is up there I never found any good trails to mtn bike on. At least I never knew anyone who could clue me in to any. I had heard that you could ride from the fire tower in East Pharsalia on the Finger Lakes trail but I never hit it. It’s good country up there for the cross or road bikes.

All that aside welcome to the Garden State and "Happy Trails".

BM

idbrian

Crotch Rot
Dude, i graduated from New Berlin in 97 (actually the first year of Unadilla Valley HS). Had breakfast in Norwich Saturday. Never could find any good riding in Chenango County either. The area is just ridiculously muddy. Not good mud, but ride once and then send you bike in for tune up type mud.

I've actually looked at places on Cranberry like, good deals, nice area. So much riding from your doorstep, lucky.

Welcome.

N

New World Man

Brown Beaver, as in the old Brown Ave bowling alley?
That place got demolished years ago.

New Berlin huh, you probably know my buddy Terry Potter?

As far as riding goes the stone quarry and fire roads on state land are all I know about. If I move back there I plan to make some trails on my land that I still own up there. Everyone that says they mountain bike up there I'm not sure knows what true singletrack is.
I've heard about trails in, no way I can spell this, Wauppanaka State Land and Jacksons State Land, but never found them.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
You guys go to school at Hogwarts by any chance?

I can't the only one who's thinking along those lines after reading this exchange.

N

New World Man

Definitely before you but he was the lead singer of the band Red Light District that was pretty popular in the area for a few years.

idbrian

Crotch Rot
I think i had a CD of theirs at one time. But i was too young to even know what is or is not music. I would have asked you where you are from just based off of the Moe signtaure.

Top Bottom