Sirius XM chatter

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I was the biggest fan going back to afternoons on WNNNNBC. I cant stand him now, have not listened in years, pretty much since Artie tapped out.
those were my favorite years for sure...Its not as entertaining to me as it once was....but whatever, at least 101 still plays all the old shows. 2006-2010 was just so insane, there was no way that was going to stay like that forever.

JDurk

Classic Vinyl is now The Eagles channel called Hotel California. Been listening to channel 30, the Prince Channel, all day.

trener1

Ok strange question here. So I have the app on my phone but I can't for the life of me remember what email address my account is tied to, I also have it on my iPad and it works there, is there any way that I can see my account username anywhere on the app so that I can then also enter it on my iPhone, I looked at the settings and everything and can't seem to find it.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Ok strange question here. So I have the app on my phone but I can't for the life of me remember what email address my account is tied to, I also have it on my iPad and it works there, is there any way that I can see my account username anywhere on the app so that I can then also enter it on my iPhone, I looked at the settings and everything and can't seem to find it.

If you log out, it will remember your streaming user name. The app will save the credentials on the iOS keychain

if set up, it should know across devices.
Note that the credentials for the app are different from the account center accessed through the browser
There are a couple ways to recover account center credentials. Once logged in there you can manage the streaming password

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
If you log out, it will remember your streaming user name. The app will save the credentials on the iOS keychain

Note that the credentials for the app are different from the account center accessed through the browser

not always, i use the same credentials for the app, web browser and account management, might depend on when your account was created.

rick81721

Lothar
Watch these clowns - just found out we we've been charged for a radio that was in a car that was totaled almost 2 years ago (sept 2019). I had no idea this account was on an automatic renewal (and on a credit card we never use) and that when a car is totaled you have to call to cancel. So we paid $500 on a radio not being used. They refunded the last payment but won't refund the rest - someone higher up is going to call. They either refund or the Subaru account gets canceled and that's the end with them forever.

shrpshtr325

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Watch these clowns - just found out we we've been charged for a radio that was in a car that was totaled almost 2 years ago (sept 2019). I had no idea this account was on an automatic renewal (and on a credit card we never use) and that when a car is totaled you have to call to cancel. So we paid $500 on a radio not being used. They refunded the last payment but won't refund the rest - someone higher up is going to call. They either refund or the Subaru account gets canceled and that's the end with them forever.

so your mad at Sirius for not knowing that the car was totalled? its not their job to check up on that, and its not like the radios are two way units (well maybe soon, but most are not) that they know when it stops being used. . . .

rick81721

Lothar
so your mad at Sirius for not knowing that the car was totalled? its not their job to check up on that, and its not like the radios are two way units (well maybe soon, but most are not) that they know when it stops being used. . . .

I assumed they know when a radio is deactivated via total (I know, ASSume). Also didn't know it was on forever renew. Total scam!

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I assumed they know when a radio is deactivated via total (I know, ASSume). Also didn't know it was on forever renew. Total scam!

they don't know - that radio is one way - it doesn't respond.

ask for a credit against your current subscription.

this is such an old person thing to do.
otoh, i believe your wife was in a bad place back then, so i'm sympathetic.

rick81721

Lothar
they don't know - that radio is one way - it doesn't respond.

ask for a credit against your current subscription.

this is such an old person thing to do.
otoh, i believe your wife was in a bad place back then, so i'm sympathetic.

Forever auto renewal is a complete scam for exactly this reason - just like those magazine subscription scams. I bet they ripoff alot of people with this

shrpshtr325

Team MTBNJ Halter's
the forever auto renewal is definitely an issue, even when i call in for the special offers i end up stuck with it, have to remember to call in and 'cancel' to keep the deal price going (full price for XM is for chumps). They also dont remind you that the next payment is coming (that got me the first time). However you should be checking your credit card/bank statements and seen the extraneous charge that you didnt authorize and call in to the cc company or sirius about it. I get that in an accident alot is going on and alot to deal with, it can slip through the cracks, but you said it has been 2 years, 2 months youd have a case IMO, 2 years is a LONG time

JDurk

I've received notice in the mail and by email that my annual renewal is coming up. If they don't hear from me, it's automatic.

shrpshtr325

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I've received notice in the mail and by email that my annual renewal is coming up. If they don't hear from me, it's automatic.

interesting that i dont get it, i do however get the email and mailings that im expired and eligible for a promo rate to come back :rolleyes:

Top Bottom