Sirius XM chatter

rick81721

Lothar
Some huckleberry called yesterday, sounded like Andy Griffith. Are they recruiting salespeople at Florida retirement homes? Needless to say, I hung up on him

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Some huckleberry called yesterday, sounded like Andy Griffith. Are they recruiting salespeople at Florida retirement homes? Needless to say, I hung up on him

this was to follow-up on an expiring radio?
They don't cold-call.

SCOTTscale

Off topic but I got a post card yesterday saying I was part of some class action lawsuit. They listed my number and said I'm going to get $50 once the settlement is approved in September! Victory

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I signed the the petition

I like Phish and I like that phish got a channel but not at the expense of getting rid of jam on and its DJs. It really was about the only station I have been listening too. Lots of content of new and up and coming lost.

littlev21

they have to stop swearing all the time. Yeah, I get it, it's ozzy's boneyard, but do I need to hear f bombs during one break ("Fuck the SF giants, I'm a Dodger fan" the foul mouthed female DJ says) and the word shit during the next break. At 8 am no less. Honestly, let's get back to the original way of broadcasting, ditch the DJs.

Patrick

Staff member
I signed the the petition

I like Phish and I like that phish got a channel but not at the expense of getting rid of jam on and its DJs. It really was about the only station I have been listening too. Lots of content of new and up and coming lost.

i thought you listened on the app?

phish 29
jam on 716 (pigeons playing ping pong on now)

Patrick

Staff member
they have to stop swearing all the time. Yeah, I get it, it's ozzy's boneyard, but do I need to hear f bombs during one break ("Fuck the SF giants, I'm a Dodger fan" the foul mouthed female DJ says) and the word shit during the next break. At 8 am no less. Honestly, let's get back to the original way of broadcasting, ditch the DJs.

i agree - there is a plan to include a single premium pandora channel with sxm subscriptions in the near future.
This may be a good "fix" but i don't think it is the solution. I haven't looked at any of the new streaming channels to find
something unhosted that is similar.

rlb

To play devil's advocate, why listen if you don't want to hear cursing? IMO there's way more to be offended with in this world than hearing shit or fuck on a channel that has an explicit language disclaimer.

Patrick

Staff member
i know why i do it!
#siriusxmturbo

Last edited:

littlev21

To play devil's advocate, why listen if you don't want to hear cursing? IMO there's way more to be offended with in this world than hearing shit or fuck on a channel that has an explicit language disclaimer.

the music, the occasional cuse word buried in a song is never as apparent and vile as some DJ using an f-bomb to promote their MLB channel. It's low rent, and yes I get that there will be offensive language, but this is just not necessary, and it makes her come across as dumb. It started out as a nice kudos to Metallica for their SF giants days, but then she went there. And it reeked of white trash.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
got an email today, all subscribers now get access to the app and online streaming. Tried it and so far so good!
Finally! It always pissed me off that they'd charge extra for that. I'm assuming this means my annual renewal will be going up and i'll have to play that game again though.

Reactions: rlb

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Finally! It always pissed me off that they'd charge extra for that. I'm assuming this means my annual renewal will be going up and i'll have to play that game again though.

i would imagine, i just renewed for $60 for the year so im going to go out of my way to cling to that pricing.

Patrick

Staff member
got an email today, all subscribers now get access to the app and online streaming. Tried it and so far so good!

This was the result of some of the pandora agreements - since there was a free level of pandora, it made no sense to not give away the sxm stream with all paid subscriptions.
Pandora will be their streaming-only product in the future - both the free and paid tiers.

probably won't go up - i think they are at the sweet spot for price elasticity right now. esp with all the competition.
we are spoiled because data access is ubiquitous in this area - there are vast stretches of nothing where sxm receivers are invaluable -
but you'll still need to play the game. sorry.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Of course there was a catch. I have the "mostly music" package and that means i'm not eligible for free streaming. But they'll gladly upgrade me to the "select" package or give me the free 1-month trial (that they'll charge me for when i forget to cancel it after the month is over).

Patrick

Staff member
Of course there was a catch. I have the "mostly music" package and that means i'm not eligible for free streaming. But they'll gladly upgrade me to the "select" package or give me the free 1-month trial (that they'll charge me for when i forget to cancel it after the month is over).

i didn't see that coming. guess using the free tier of pandora is the only alternative there?

will poke around.

Top Bottom