Sirius XM chatter

FitmanNJ

sports play-by-play comes with select with no blackout restrictions.
you'll get an offer in the mail, or by email soon.
Thanks for the clarification, Patrick. May I assume that the play-by-play is for all the teams in ”big four” sports and not just a single or couple “games of the week?” If I can hear the Detroit squads’ games, the Select package should be fine, and I can continue beating myself up by following those bad teams.😁

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Thanks for the clarification, Patrick. May I assume that the play-by-play is for all the teams in ”big four” sports and not just a single or couple “games of the week?” If I can hear the Detroit squads’ games, the Select package should be fine, and I can continue beating myself up by following those bad teams.😁
All games NBA NFL mlb and NHL. Both home and away feeds. If it is a national game, they might only carry the national team. Select also includes streaming so it is a two for one deal

Patrick

Staff member

hold the phone - might not have NFL on select. let me check.

Patrick

Staff member

NFL is on streaming or all-access. but the streaming only doesn't include mlb.

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
I've paid attention. I received one email two months ago to let me know that my subscription will go from $99/ year for all access to $22/mo starting next month.

Time to call and cancel. What's the best deal right now?

BTW, why do they cancel every channel I get interested in? They had a Live classic rock station for a while in the 700's. No more.

Patrick

Staff member
I've paid attention. I received one email two months ago to let me know that my subscription will go from $99/ year for all access to $22/mo starting next month.

Time to call and cancel. What's the best deal right now?

BTW, why do they cancel every channel I get interested in? They had a Live classic rock station for a while in the 700's. No more.

should be able to do around $125/yr for all access.

They move channels to the app if they aren't that popular.

ekuhn

should be able to do around $125/yr for all access.

They move channels to the app if they aren't that popular.
Inline with what I recently paid.

I think their business model is shifting to giving celebs and artists big sums of money to have their own "channel" as they are clipping other shows.

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
Inline with what I recently paid.

I think their business model is shifting to giving celebs and artists big sums of money to have their own "channel" as they are clipping other shows.
I thought their business model was to sucker you in with a good price and then rape you monthly when you're to lazy or un-knowledgeable to know that your supposed to call and threaten to cancel.

ekuhn

I thought their business model was to sucker you in with a good price and then rape you monthly when you're to lazy or un-knowledgeable to know that your supposed to call and threaten to cancel.
I was only referencing content. Trying to slip something past the customer is nothing corporate America has been called out on before.

Patrick

Staff member
i'd bet they know exactly what they need to do to maximize profit.
they are considering going to monthly only, no refunds model - similar to other app subscriptions.
can i call disney+ and get a better rate?

rlb

They got me for over a year at $22. Finally picked up the phone and got 6 months for $5?6.50 with all the taxes etc. Then it's back to $22, need to set a calendar reminder.

rlb

i'd bet they know exactly what they need to do to maximize profit.
they are considering going to monthly only, no refunds model - similar to other app subscriptions.
can i call disney+ and get a better rate?

It's a funny space with no competition that's exactly the same, so pricing is probably hard to nail. The fact that it's negotiable probably means they know it's overpriced at $22 a month. Plus I'm sure they're learning from analyzing the pandora data.

It's worth it to me at $6. At $22 that phone call was always at the back of my mind, just never at an opportune time.

rlb

Some aggressive, non-promotional pricing coming for the multiple radio crowd.
No more calling in! Will include streaming.
More info when it drops.

On the flip side, I guess this is what happens when we keep calling in for a cheaper price:

1617725188023.png

cfrone1

Shop: Pops Bike Shop
Shop Keep
Some aggressive, non-promotional pricing coming for the multiple radio crowd.
No more calling in! Will include streaming.
More info when it drops.
Great! I just re-upped all of my radios in January....hopefully they will apply the credit towards the promo....I will give it a try if it is good enough....8 radios gets expensive!

Top Bottom