Sirius XM chatter

Robin

Did the online chat - and settled with this

For the next 12 months, you are eligible to receive our All Access package at a promotional rate of $8.25, plus fees and taxes. That's like paying $8.25 per month instead of the $21.99 current monthly rate. I personally suggest you this offer as this is a steal deal. You get All the channels available and you can stream on your mobile devices as well. How does it sound?

and I asked about when this ends, they said I could "negotiate a new plan".

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
just got off the chat with them, renewed for another year of select at $60 (77.xx with fees)

not sure why they move your 'renewal date' up and credit the last week or w/e to your account instead of just extending your service . . . . seems like it would make more sense to just add the new plan to the existing one . . . .

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
just got off the chat with them, renewed for another year of select at $60 (77.xx with fees)

not sure why they move your 'renewal date' up and credit the last week or w/e to your account instead of just extending your service . . . . seems like it would make more sense to just add the new plan to the existing one . . . .

my guess is that they are better compensated when they do it that way.

rlb

I got a new car in October and my XM trial was up today. I've been getting the "3 more months for $1" offer in the mail for a while but, based on past experiences, I've been dreading making the call to get everything set up. I had to call vs. do it online so I could move the new car to my existing account. I didn't want to take the offer and have separate accounts and just kick that can down the road.

Long story short, it was super smooth. Either the CS has improved greatly, or I just got lucky and the person helping me was legit. Regardless, she easily merged my accounts, then said you have the 3 more months offer, would you like that? I said yes, then she said I see you have a a promo offer on your other car (the $5.99/month + tax deal), would you like to take that offer after your 3 additional months are up? Why, of course!

Took 10 mins from dialing the number to getting me all set up, not bad! I noticed my other car's $5.99 deal ends in March. I didn't want to complicate today's transaction, so I will call back in a few weeks to straighten out that one.

Johnny Utah

I was able to grab 7.25 yesterday (post fees) No sports or stern, but neither are my cup i tea (Tatum) these days.

Sven Migot

Good to know. I don't need those either.
My receiver stopped working so I plugged in an old one just to see if it still works. I'm getting all the channels even thought it's not activated...

Sven Migot

I was able to grab 7.25 yesterday (post fees) No sports or stern, but neither are my cup i tea (Tatum) these days.
My current plan is in the 60s and I get everything. It's due to renew next month. If I don't get the same price I'm bailing. I know I have to call to get it.

Patrick

Staff member
Good to know. I don't need those either.
My receiver stopped working so I plugged in an old one just to see if it still works. I'm getting all the channels even thought it's not activated...

Congrats! This is a known issue.
On some early radios, they decided a shutdown signal was a better idea than a keep-alive. They sent the shutdown a few times and if the radio didn't see it, oh well. It will work until they decide to sunset them all.

Sven Migot

Congrats! This is a known issue.
On some early radios, they decided a shutdown signal was a better idea than a keep-alive. They sent the shutdown a few times and if the radio didn't see it, oh well. It will work until they decide to sunset them all.
Well, that didn't last long. Now it says I need to sign up/activate.

Johnny Utah

Wow plot the price reductions and a few more years it'll be free!
My wife and I just spent 48 hours in the car, her vehicle has all the channels but mine went to the basic package. That being said I couldn’t help but turn on the Howard channels and noticed the non-stop political talk has calmed down quite a bit from when I last heard his show 10 months or so ago. Kind of made me want to get him back on the dial - but I have since found other programming I enjoy now - especially if “Parts Unknown” is on.

JDurk

My wife and I just spent 48 hours in the car, her vehicle has all the channels but mine went to the basic package. That being said I couldn’t help but turn on the Howard channels and noticed the non-stop political talk has calmed down quite a bit from when I last heard his show 10 months or so ago. Kind of made me want to get him back on the dial - but I have since found other programming I enjoy now - especially if “Parts Unknown” is on.
Yes the political talk has been reduced, but tired of the daily talk about his parents. With all the players still at home and Zooming in, the spontaneousness of the show is not the same.

Johnny Utah

Yes the political talk has been reduced, but tired of the daily talk about his parents. With all the players still at home and Zooming in, the spontaneousness of the show is not the same.
I had to laugh when Joe Buck and Kimmel were busting his chops during a game broadcast that Stern won’t leave his house. He was super nuts over the COVID lockdowns but boy is he going down with his ship. Yikes.

Patrick

Staff member
Wow plot the price reductions and a few more years it'll be free!

Smart money is on an ad supported free tier with limited stations to tease ya in.
esp the people that travel quite a bit and have to channel surf to keep the music going.
cell service is not as universal as the maps claim.

Top Bottom